Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Potential Fiesta ST Owner in the Northern Virginia Area

NOVA_Ranger

U.S. Army Veteran
Hello all! I've been browsing the forum and I appreciate all of the great info as I shop around for a Fiesta ST, which will serve as my commuter car. I'm a long-time car/truck guy and my daily is a 2019 Ford Ranger that I've modified based on my needs (leveling kit, larger MT tires, tune, etc). Currently working with on the purchase of a 2019 Fiesta ST, despite the insane used car market, and hopefully that pans out.

If you happen to know of any deals on a nice Fiesta ST in the greater Northern Virginia area, please shoot me a message.

Great forum and I'll be lurking around in the future! ;)

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Welcome and good luck, the cars are extremely fun and punch way above their weight. I think you will really enjoy them when you get one. That's good that you have found a 2019, that's the last year they were available in the US. The ones made starting with the 2016 model year have an updated cylinder head which fixes a possible leak which led to a recall on some of the earlier models, and also have the updated Sync 3 screen system which is nice.If the purchase you are working on doesn't work out and you see a good one, I would jump on it quickly.
There are a lot of knowledgeable people on here, you will pick up some good information.

Last edited:
OP
NOVA_Ranger

NOVA_Ranger

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #4
Welcome and good luck, the cars are extremely fun and punch way above their weight. I think you will really enjoy them when you get one. If you see a good one, I would jump on it quickly.
They look like a lot of fun, and I've always had my eye on them. I have one in my sights and while it looks very clean, I don't see me walking away with the deal of the century. Any common issues I should look out for if this deal progresses faster than my forum research? Thanks!

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
They look like a lot of fun, and I've always had my eye on them. I have one in my sights and while it looks very clean, I don't see me walking away with the deal of the century. Any common issues I should look out for if this deal progresses faster than my forum research? Thanks!
The only real big issue was the cylinder head which I mentioned earlier. The only other common issue is the blend door actuators in the HVAC system which start clicking and need to be replaced. This seems to be able to happen to any model year, and is common with all cars, not just Fiesta STs. It's annoying, but not that big a deal. The cars have been remarkably durable, and the engines are used virtually stock in the Formula Ford racing series. I figure if they can stand up to the demands of racing, they can certainly stand up to street driving.
Here's a thread I started a while back which details the changes through the model years. They were relatively similar from start to finish-
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...-improvements-to-fist-through-the-years.9186/

If you'd like to chat about the car, I enjoy talking about cars, just PM me your phone number and I could give you a call one evening. I've owned mine since it was new in 2016 and have spent way too much time on here learning all I can about the car.
Finally, here's my favorite video about the car just to get you fired up about how fun and tough it is. A mostly stock one is used in rally racing, which is really hard on a car, and a stock one survives the course remarkably well. -
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM1nkR8pkX4&list=FLur65YQuzud3gXqwZTZTrxQ&index=4

OP
NOVA_Ranger

NOVA_Ranger

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #7
So, today I looked at two 2019s that are virtually identical, except one is black and other is magnetic. I think the Magnetic one is on my short list since the seller seems more willing to address issues and deal.

The magnetic one has 35.5k on the clock, and I'd give it 8/10 for overall condition (one owner, no accidents). Exterior has typical chips/dings with some cosmetic damage to the top of the rear bumper (I assume somebody lightly back into something and not a huge deal, but noticeable). Interior looks clean, but it does have the blend door click. Looked good under the hood, underneath, etc. and it drove well. Also, previous owner loved curbs and both passenger wheels were chewed up from bad street parking jobs. Seller said they'd fix the blend door and have "their guy" refurbish the stock wheels. It is a nice car overall, but priced high like all other decent options I'm seeing.

The black one has 45k miles, in virtually the same condition, and it also has the blend door click. Instead of damage on the top of the rear bumper it has a noticeable, but not terrible, rub/scuff mark on the driver's rear quarter. MIGHT be able to buff some of it out, but I doubt it. Seller is pretty stuck on price and was sort of "maybe we'd fix it" when I pointed out the blend box issue.

I'm not seeing any private sellers within ~100 miles and these are the only two with low mileage and good history reports that sellers don't want an absolutely insane number for. I've been watching listings for a while now and I think these two are about as good as it gets in today's market. It is what it is, and this sort of thing seems to be the case for pretty much everything these days. Kicking myself for not grabbing one of these a couple of years earlier.

Tomorrow the seller with the magnetic car is going to swing back with it, after the blend box is fixed and wheels touched up. If those two things look alright, I'm going to give it another once over and likely pull the trigger if nothing else is found. The car appears 100% stock, so I guess I'll have the factory powertrain warranty to help head off some of the more major possibilities if I discover something later. All part of buying a used vehicle and I could spend the next year hunting down the 'perfect' one. End of the day this will be my commuter / fun car, and I think this one will fit the bill. If I need to do a little wrenching on it I'm halfway decent at it and this looks like a solid group if I have questions.

There's my long-winded update and maybe I'll have some pics to share tomorrow. :)

dhminer

2000 Post Club
So, today I looked at two 2019s that are virtually identical, except one is black and other is magnetic. I think the Magnetic one is on my short list since the seller seems more willing to address issues and deal.

The magnetic one has 35.5k on the clock, and I'd give it 8/10 for overall condition (one owner, no accidents). Exterior has typical chips/dings with some cosmetic damage to the top of the rear bumper (I assume somebody lightly back into something and not a huge deal, but noticeable). Interior looks clean, but it does have the blend door click. Looked good under the hood, underneath, etc. and it drove well. Also, previous owner loved curbs and both passenger wheels were chewed up from bad street parking jobs. Seller said they'd fix the blend door and have "their guy" refurbish the stock wheels. It is a nice car overall, but priced high like all other decent options I'm seeing.

The black one has 45k miles, in virtually the same condition, and it also has the blend door click. Instead of damage on the top of the rear bumper it has a noticeable, but not terrible, rub/scuff mark on the driver's rear quarter. MIGHT be able to buff some of it out, but I doubt it. Seller is pretty stuck on price and was sort of "maybe we'd fix it" when I pointed out the blend box issue.

I'm not seeing any private sellers within ~100 miles and these are the only two with low mileage and good history reports that sellers don't want an absolutely insane number for. I've been watching listings for a while now and I think these two are about as good as it gets in today's market. It is what it is, and this sort of thing seems to be the case for pretty much everything these days. Kicking myself for not grabbing one of these a couple of years earlier.

Tomorrow the seller with the magnetic car is going to swing back with it, after the blend box is fixed and wheels touched up. If those two things look alright, I'm going to give it another once over and likely pull the trigger if nothing else is found. The car appears 100% stock, so I guess I'll have the factory powertrain warranty to help head off some of the more major possibilities if I discover something later. All part of buying a used vehicle and I could spend the next year hunting down the 'perfect' one. End of the day this will be my commuter / fun car, and I think this one will fit the bill. If I need to do a little wrenching on it I'm halfway decent at it and this looks like a solid group if I have questions.

There's my long-winded update and maybe I'll have some pics to share tomorrow. :)
Sounds like a winner. This forum has been immensely helpful. Looking forward to the ā€œI wasnā€™t planning on it, but just purchased a big turbo kitā€ post in the near future :cool:

OP
NOVA_Ranger

NOVA_Ranger

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #10
Sounds like a winner. This forum has been immensely helpful. Looking forward to the ā€œI wasnā€™t planning on it, but just purchased a big turbo kitā€ post in the near future :cool:
We must have met before, haha. My wife is already bracing for impact as I tell her, "I'm probably going to leave this one fairly stock".

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
My obligatory picture. :p

Whoever detailed it did a so-so job, which I'll redo when the weather is better, and the seller is sending me a replacement cap for the rear jack point.

So far so good and I like it.

Nice! Glad you found a good one