Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Potential Norcal Owner - Track Prep Advice

981gt4

Hi,

I'm looking into getting a 2016 FiST as a cheap/fun track car that I can drive to and from the track - I'm located in SF and like to run at Sonoma, Thunderhill, Laguna Seca and occasionally Buttonwillow. I was curious if anyone else in the area is doing so and would recommend an indy in the area to track prep the car (I live in an apartment and can't wrench in my own garage) and the right updates to make. I'm a low intermediate driver and don't plan to run on RE's or do anything too hardcore to it ... yet!

I believe I'd want to put some decent rubber on (PS4S?), track pads (??), track brake fluid (??), possibly upgrade the intercooler? Thanks in advance :)

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Welcome!

Upgrade the brake fluid for sure. The stock pads and Bridgestones are good to go, but upgrading them is definitely worthwhile -- lighter wheels and 200tw tires. Intercooler and radiator will definitely help, especially at Thunderhill and Buttonwillow -- without them you're almost certainly going to lose boost due to heatsoak. Upgrade the RMM if it's still stock.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Michelin does not make the PS4Ses in any size we could use (the closest they make to anything we could use, even in the older Pilot Super Sports, is a 205/45-17).

Their cost is about the same as most of the 200 tread wear stickies anyway, so except for the fact that yes, they will wear quicker than the Michelins, you are not saving any coin by using them. [wink]