Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Power cuts off when shifting

Hello everyone,

I recently came across an issue with my 2014 Fiesta ST and was wondering if anyone knows what’s wrong. At random times when I shift and start to accelerate my power cuts off as if I pressed down my clutch for a quick second and then starts to drive like normal. I noticed this at around 60,000 miles so I did the basic 60k maintenance thinking that would help but I still notice the issue. I would try to record it but it happens at the most random times. I only have an exhaust, bov adapter, rmm, & symposer delete. My FiST is currently at 63,000 miles. If anyone has experienced this or knows anything please let me know and thank you in advance [emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fiestig

Oyyy... A little more detail. Do you mean power as electrical power... Everything goes dark for a sec? Scary to think about. Or do you mean go go power?

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Are you sure it isn’t the traction control kicking on? Is the Traction control light blinking?

OP
Navarrete77
Thread Starter #4
Oyyy... A little more detail. Do you mean power as electrical power... Everything goes dark for a sec? Scary to think about. Or do you mean go go power?
Not electrical, it’s as if I completely let off the gas or pushed sown on my clutch.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Not sure but seems possible....maybe sticking open? Sure others on the Forum know more that I do about BOV's!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
No codes at all?

I would start with that BOV adapter, and then somehow try to check out the drive by wire throttle body?[dunno]

OP
Navarrete77
Thread Starter #12
How hot is it there? When does this happen? Could be a heat soaked Intercooler....[thankyou]
Lately it’s been high 70s, it’s the most randomness times when it acts up. I could be out of work cruising home at 1am and it does it or I can be getting some errands done in the afternoon and the issue pops up. It will do it one time then a day or two will pass without any issues and come back out of nowhere. It won’t happen frequently either, just once.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Sounds like what mine was doing in the rain. Turns out i had to replace the coil packs. The leads down to the plugs were shot.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I always wondered if you ever solved this*
That and dropping my charge piping size back down to stock ish resolved a lot of running issues. Lessons learned

Ford claims the coil packs and plugs are good for 100k.. I say half that. And youre right there at the milage.