Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Power Loss

My 2015 ST is about 30 % down on power. No engine codes other than a possible a bad wideband sensor .Can a bad wideband cause this reduction in power ? Also after we ran a diagnostic scan the car run great for two days then went back to the low power . I'm a new owner so not real familiar with these cars. Thanks for the help

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
My 2015 ST is about 30 % down on power. No engine codes other than a possible a bad wideband sensor .Can a bad wideband cause this reduction in power ? Also after we ran a diagnostic scan the car run great for two days then went back to the low power . I'm a new owner so not real familiar with these cars. Thanks for the help
Is it tuned? Mileage? Absolutely it can effect power its the one that dictates the fueling*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
K
Thread Starter #4
Is it tuned? Mileage? Absolutely it can effect power its the one that dictates the fueling*

It’s a 2015 with 95k miles. Compression check is good 160 per cylinder. It has a Cobb tune.
30% down on power compared to what?
30% down on power compared to what?
Just saying how it feels.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It’s a 2015 with 95k miles. Compression check is good 160 per cylinder. It has a Cobb tune.

Just saying how it feels.
Change put the Spark plugs to Stock or a step colder if you'd like. Do a cam reset and get a flash tune from a vendor like Dizzy tuned or Stratified. I'd even go as far as getting am e30 if you have ethanol readily available. The Ignition coils may be getting weak. There lifespan isn't 100k more like 50-75k. You can get all 4 from Rock auto either Motorcraft or NGK will do.

OP
K
Thread Starter #6
Did the plugs. It’s had a Cobb tune so now it’s lock, need to find someone with a Cobb tuner. Cam reset is next and I didn’t think about the coils. Thanks

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Cobb tune and Cruise Control....that got me by surprise. I don't remember the combo (something like OFF, OFF, down?), but if you press some special sequence, it will remove boost...I know somebody else here knows it well or just search for it. You can try the reversal sequence, but idk what it is. I tried another of my OTS tunes and it went away (I found out later about Cobb's feature)

haste

1000 Post Club
You just hit the "Cancel" button, then use the + and - buttons to change the maps. Each map is set to a 1K, 2K, 3K on the tach....so on and so forth. My 93 tune is set to 1K RPM. E30 is set to 2K. You'll see the tach jump between each setting.
The tuners can set these pretty easily. It times out around 3 seconds after hitting the cancel button.

The only thing I don't like about it is you CAN change it when you are using the CC and hit the cancel button. I'm always wary after hitting the cancel button and wait a few seconds before hitting my set button again.