Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pre-for-sale flame/bash thread

Trader history for jeff (2)

jeff

2000 Post Club
Friends,

This thread was created to allow and invite all flaming, bashing, etc. for the sale of my ST. Long story short, I've owned the car nearly 7 years. I'm a total hypocrite because I've said over and over in my videos and here that I'd never sell it. It is rare, unique, and perfect. I will miss it, but the time has come.

The truth is I've been thinking on this for 2 years and trying to convince myself otherwise. I hardly ever drive the car anymore, I have 5 other cars. There's no negative reason to sell it. It still brings me great joy every time I drive it. It's just that I've come to the point where I realize it's time to say goodbye. This is less of a sale and more of an "I'm passing it on to the next person who will love it". I've realized my passion is more in the hunt and build and restoration rather in the owning long term. Truth is the only reason I've kept it in the last few years is because of the history attached to it in my own life. But the time has come.

So feel free to object, support, blah blah blah, I deserve it and I welcome it. There will be an official FS thread at some point in the next little while somewhere around $20k. I don't need to sell the car so if it doesn't sell I'll just keep it and enjoy it as I have once a week or so. Or maybe there is a certain person out there who's ready to own this special car next. Heck, someone should enjoy it more than once a week, it's an epic automobile in every way.

If anyone is interested before I officially post, my '15 ST is in 9.9/10.0 condition, always garaged, meticulously maintained, 304whp/337wtq, all receipts, many stock/extra parts, zero issues, looks brand new, recaro/nav/sunroof, I have about 50 YouTube videos on this car, 42,222 miles, located in GA, USA.

Sad to read!

You have been an amazing asset to our community we have built together.
Your videos are treasured among fiSTers.
Good luck on the sale, whoever takes it off your hands will have stumbled on quite the nugget of gold.
May your future endeavors be blessed, and full of the same joy this contraption has managed to bring you my internet, mystery friend.
1 🫶🏽

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I’ve seriously considered selling mine. It’s just not all that useful for anything but commuting.

A great commuter/hobby car.

I don’t even like trucks but I could use one often enough to warrant buying one.

Just when I get here, all the cool kids leave.

BTW - I said the same thing ("thought I'd never sell them") about my extremely small (i.e. 2) Miata collection, but the time came eventually for those too. Don't honestly know if it was changing needs/wants or just automotive ADHD.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
The forum has conducted a meeting, and your request for permission to sell your car is hereby denied.

Seriously, it will be sad to see you go, you have contributed a lot of great information on here.I would generally say in this situation to make sure you've really thought it through, and that you won't regret selling it afterwards. However, it looks like you've put a lot of thought into it. I have had cars that I said I would never sell but that I have sold, and generally haven't looked back.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Sad to see you go sir. Will be a great car for someone new.

We know about the CRX and the Corolla. What other fun toys you got hiding there?

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
Thanks everyone. Lots of long term friends here even though I don't post much anymore.

The forum has conducted a meeting, and your request for permission to sell your car is hereby denied.

Seriously, it will be sad to see you go, you have contributed a lot of great information on here.I would generally say in this situation to make sure you've really thought it through, and that you won't regret selling it afterwards. However, it looks like you've put a lot of thought into it. I have had cars that I said I would never sell but that I have sold, and generally haven't looked back.
Yeah, I've thought on this a very long time. I found myself in the last few weeks having to come up with reasons _not_ to sell it. When you're at that point you know it's time. I feel sure I won't regret it, though I will miss it. Car love and the reasons behind it change as you age. It's time to move on.

Sad to see you go sir. Will be a great car for someone new.

We know about the CRX and the Corolla. What other fun toys you got hiding there?
Thanks. The CRX does a lot for me right now especially being RHD. Corolla is more fun than it should be, I'm putting a clutch in it next week. I just installed a lithium (gen 3 Insight) setup in my gen 1 Insight and it's a total blast. Beyond that just a truck and my wife's CX-9. Probably gonna sell either the truck or the XRS also before long. Paring down. Part of this is that 6 cars is just too many. It's fun but it's just time to simplify. Probably will get something else to wrench on eventually when I find something interesting.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I said I’d never sell my Tacoma. I just bought a Tundra and built it. Now I’m probably gonna sell my Tacoma. Or maybe I won’t. Or maybe I will. I probably won’t. I need more space and time to drive.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I’m absolutely no help. If I find a deal on a GT4 I’d probably sell my Fiesta but honestly, there isn’t anything FWD as good as a Fiesta and probably never will be. And there’s no such thing as a “deal on a GT4”. It’s also costing me very little and I get so much enjoyment out of every drive. Every single drive.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Friends,

This thread was created to allow and invite all flaming, bashing, etc. for the sale of my ST. Long story short, I've owned the car nearly 7 years. I'm a total hypocrite because I've said over and over in my videos and here that I'd never sell it. It is rare, unique, and perfect. I will miss it, but the time has come.

The truth is I've been thinking on this for 2 years and trying to convince myself otherwise. I hardly ever drive the car anymore, I have 5 other cars. There's no negative reason to sell it. It still brings me great joy every time I drive it. It's just that I've come to the point where I realize it's time to say goodbye. This is less of a sale and more of an "I'm passing it on to the next person who will love it". I've realized my passion is more in the hunt and build and restoration rather in the owning long term. Truth is the only reason I've kept it in the last few years is because of the history attached to it in my own life. But the time has come.

So feel free to object, support, blah blah blah, I deserve it and I welcome it. There will be an official FS thread at some point in the next little while somewhere around $20k. I don't need to sell the car so if it doesn't sell I'll just keep it and enjoy it as I have once a week or so. Or maybe there is a certain person out there who's ready to own this special car next. Heck, someone should enjoy it more than once a week, it's an epic automobile in every way.

If anyone is interested before I officially post, my '15 ST is in 9.9/10.0 condition, always garaged, meticulously maintained, 304whp/337wtq, all receipts, many stock/extra parts, zero issues, looks brand new, recaro/nav/sunroof, I have about 50 YouTube videos on this car, 42,222 miles, located in GA, USA.
NOPE...NOPE...NOPE and NOPE! Jeff you will not be selling this vehicle. You will keep it and give it to your Daughter when she gets her license! I demand it stays!

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
NOPE...NOPE...NOPE and NOPE! Jeff you will not be selling this vehicle. You will keep it and give it to your Daughter when she gets her license! I demand it stays!
Ahh my friend Aaron. One of the best memories of this forum for sure!!!

it happens. just keep buying and driving neat things

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
NO; flaming, bashing, or dissing here, at all.

You've owned it, even modded, for way longer than most who always seem to mod the shit out of it, become 'bored'/jaded/'habituated' with it even with 350+ to the wheels, strip everything they did to it off to sell separately, and then sell it, all within 2 years or less.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
What's the insurance like when you have 6 vehicles? If you don't mind telling us!
I'm 49, no accidents, clean record, $241/month, that's full coverage on the CX-9 and Fiesta and liability on the rest.

it happens. just keep buying and driving neat things
That is the plan! Fiesta was certainly among the neatest.

NO; flaming, bashing, or dissing here, at all.

You've owned it, even modded, for way longer than most who always seem to mod the shit out of it, become 'bored'/jaded/'habituated' with it even with 350+ to the wheels, strip everything they did to it off to sell separately, and then sell it, all within 2 years or less.
This is a good word, thank you!!! I plan to sell as is for a fair price!

Erick_V

Hate to see you go but I get it. I’m in the same boat calling the FiST a lifer but I know if someone offered me good money I’d be dumb to say no. I really want to import a JDM car and get another daily so I may not know when this car will go but I know it’ll eventually be in someone else’s hands. I won’t have space for my buddies car I’m car-sitting for another 2-4 years, the FiST, a comfy daily and a JDM car so something will give and it may be the Fiesta.

With that said, my buddies car is an 04 IS300. Really love the car and need to get it back on the road. Needs a battery, alignment, tires need to be mounted, and diff fluid because I drained it and it was disgusting. Would love to import an Altezza (JDM IS300) with the 3SGE and a manual trans. Would be comfy, 4 doors for kiddos in the future and have great reliability. But the other part of me wants to be crazy and get a JDM S2000. That’s one car I feel like I need to own before I die. However, if that CRX ever comes for sale you better post it here too. Ive always wanted to dabble in Honda’s.

Wish you the best of luck Jeff, you should keep posting your projects here. Love seeing the updates.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
. Would love to import an Altezza (JDM IS300) with the 3SGE and a manual trans. Would be comfy, 4 doors for kiddos in the future and have great reliability.
Beams engines are sick! Back in the day the kid mechanic at my friends import engine shop had one he was trying to put in a USDM Altezza( IS300) . That car was going to be sick do not know if he ever got it running he was 19 a immigrant and in a very transitional phase of his life.

Ya it makes me think about the Nissan SR20VET another kick ass JDM engine we never got to see here. Outside of used import engine places. it‘s amazing Nissan actually decided to bring the VR30DETT and put it not one but two cars. Q60 Redsport and the New Z.

Ah you can see where my mind goes :ROFLMAO:

Good luck to Jeff whatever he decides comes next and I get it you have owned your car for 7-8 years thats a long time.