Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PSA if you are following me in the rain

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
This pass wet winter and spring I really notice that my car on the highway throws a lot of rain miss/rooster tail. I have people back right off, I have had solid none see threw mist following me. I really don't mind but damn it moves a lot of water even though I have mud flaps. So you see me, don't try to follow you will be wet. :D

Anyone else notice this. Wonder if its the tires being snows and 215 wide.

rexdriver85

I did notice my snows threw a lot of water as well. I was thinking hell yeah my tire choice was a good one. Haha. [emoji106]

Which ones did you get? I got the Generals that everyone else seemed to love.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I did notice my snows threw a lot of water as well. I was thinking hell yeah my tire choice was a good one. Haha. [emoji106]

Which ones did you get? I got the Generals that everyone else seemed to love.
I got Pirelli Sottozero III in the 215/45R17 format.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Oh yes I remember now. I've been pretty inactive here all winter.

How did they hold up for you? Are you happy with them?
I love them. They worked very well in all conditions. Once I take them off I will see how well they wear. It was more me that needed to learn to control the low end torque in 1st/2nd (especially with the MP215 bump in torque), I found that (for my driving style) turning of traction control gave me more control.

GAbOS

This happens to me as well and I was thinking about getting mud flaps but it sounds like custom urethane jobs may be the best choice. Huge, but functional.

I'm on Firestone Winterforce.

KKaWing

I've noticed after I wash the car in the winter, one drive and all the salt and grime from the road gets kicked back on to the rear bumper & hatch. [:(]

A flat backed vehicle creates a pretty bid vacuum behind the vehicle while traveling down the road - sucks up a lot of things - note leaves flying up the rear window.

People backing off in the snow/wet might not be a bad thing. I think people these days rely too much on the fact they think they can stop on a dime when they slam on the brakes and do not give people in front of them enough space - wish sometimes my car would throw up a shower of rocks when people seem like they are trying to read the manufacturer etching on the rear window...