Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PSA My Magnetic was Traded in Lithia VW in Des Moines

I moved on and back to my roots with VW with a 2021 MK7 GTI two weeks ago. My 2017 FiST was traded in there, at Lithia VW Des Moines but I can’t find it now so it may have went to auction. If anyone finds it, here are the details and feel free to contact me with any questions.

2017 Magnetic gray, standard seats, sunroof and no nav. Had 69k miles when I traded it, bought new in Detroit Lakes, MN, then by me from Corbin Honda in Fargo at around 15k miles.

Car had 16x8 bronze Dekagrams and BFG Sport comps on it when traded. I parted some stuff out and put OEM parts back on before I traded it but here is the mod list on the car when I went to trade in day.

35% Tint
Whoosh symposer delete
Whoosh Turbo Inlet elbow
Whoosh hot side j pipe
Whoosh short shifter weight thing on trans top
Magnetic oil drain plug
Whoosh street RMM with the yellow bushing
Mountune lower 4 point brace with one stripped bolt head (tried to take it off but was too lazy to jack up the whole car and my impact zipped it, oops)
Stoptech rotors and stainless lines F&R, EBC yellow stuff pads, Motul Dot 4 fluid
Eibach springs and Koni orange ST struts F&R
Proflex rear pads, all new top hats and bump stops and such when I swapped the suspension
Rockblocx short black mud flaps
Thermal Catback with the black tips
PPF on the hood and mirror caps and around the leading edges of the rear wheel wells.
H&R spacers on the rear, 5, maybe 8mm I think?
Black Muteki closed end lugs
An MSport WRC rally team sticker on the under side of the hood and no under hood insulation
I changed the drivers side blend door actuator the day before I traded it in.

I Bought the car bone stock about 4 years ago at 15k ish miles and ran it to almost 70k. Basically zero issues, besides the blend door which started clicking at the beginning of last winter and I never fixed till it was time to sell. All aftermarket parts were new or second hand new in the box. Most installed between the 15k when I bought it and 40k miles. I did all work myself, (for better or worse) .The brakes were done around 50k. I changed the trans fluid to the Whoosh recommended stuff (redline? Can’t recall the brand, whatever Ron said)and fill level as soon as I bought it.

I ran an AP and Stratified 91 tune on it basically the whole time till I flashed it back to stock a few days before the sale. Changed plugs every spring to the NGK’s I think one step colder and pregapped to whatever Strat recommended. Didn’t get to changing plugs yet this spring so I would do those. Mobil 1 and OEM filters changed by me every 4-6k miles. This car was faultless besides the blend door at the end finally. I drove it hard but well. I am almost 50 so I take care of my shit.🤣

The car was backed into on the passenger side by an uninsured snowplow pickup in reverse a couple years ago. No frame or B pillar damage but the passenger front door was replaced with a black 2019 front door and painted/blended and done by a good body shop in SIoux Falls SD.

I hope someone finds it, it really was a great car for me. I had about 15 straight VW’s before it and this was a spectacular divergence. These are really great cars. I love the MK7 too but that grey FiST will always have a place in my list of GOAT ownership experiences.

IMG_5996.jpeg

OP
Phishy
Thread Starter #2
Also the oiler cooler brick thing at the filter housing seemed like it was starting to slightly leak this winter. Mild but worth noting. I changed oil late March.

I ran an ST200 box and drop in filter in the winter and a RamAir intake in the summer most of the time I had it. Mountune silicone intake hose and whoosh crossover pipe were on it basically the whole time untill I took them off.

There is paint bubbling on the inside of the rear hatch seam, look up at the inside rear hatch edge when it’s open. Use it for bargaining power or plan accordingly.

Ford Community Posts