Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PSA on wheel well rust

PunkST

I need to adress that spot. Also want to add to make sure that spot is good and clean before painting stuff. My plan is several layers of epoxy white ( have it laying about) and then some hammer finish black to blend it in. I might do the whole fender well with rubberized undercoat underneath the liners.

every time you change your oil just dump a cup of the old motor oil in there. it will never rust.
on a serious note, i am having the same issue, i wonder if any of those rust converters work.

You've gotta work from the inside out on these kind of things. It's usually the poorly treated inside of a seam that collects water and nasty chemicals and rots out. Find a way to get some cavity wax or other rust preventative inside the rocker and quarter panel

TyphoonFiST

5000 Post Club
Same here....Duplicolor makes and product for things like this....Ill get a picture of this stuff to post it. Its not an inside out problem its just poor surface prep by ford when painting their garbage. I'm sure they were told about it just like there DCT transmissions in the Focus and the Fiestas...But didn't care to solve it. Just pushed it out to make a buck