Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pulled the trigger today

Ive been obsessing over this car for months with the goal to buy one new before they are gone. Ive been scoping inventory and they seemed to be disappearing pretty rapidly locally. Today was the day! Picked up a 2019 Magnetic Gray with Ebony wheels as the only option. I plan to track it on top of DD duty initially I wanted the Recaros but in the end didnt want to pay for it.

Havent had the chance to take it on any backroads yet since it was heavy traffic but i love this thing. Its the newest car ive owned by far loving all the modern features I wont be able to live with not having to touch the keys in my pocket to get in the car and start it ever again. Itll be replacing an E36 M3 and Porsche 944 as my fun cars.

Whats the best first mods without ruining the car? I dont want to go too far down the rabbit hole like with my M3 aggressive coilovers,solid engine mounts etc it was no longer fun to dd

Spork1569

Oh man be prepared to go down the rabbit hole with the rest of us.

First mods most recommend the RMM(rear motor mount) as the stock is very squishy and has a lot of engine movement.

Other than that a Cobb access port so you can tune and an intercooler will let you push the stock turbo pretty close to its limits for the cheapest money.

I myself enjoyed the transmission mods such as the shift plate and bushings/tranny oil for a great shifter feeling.

First mod is knowledge through experience. Drive the car. When you frown pull the wallet out. Oh and when you smile pull your wallet out. Ha ha ha good luck! ☹️☺️👌✊🇺🇸

Welcome.

Had mine 3 weeks.and loving it. RMM, ST200 airbox and drop in, tint and clear bra so far. The RMM is the only real glaring hole in the car. Glad I did it immediately. About as cheap to upgrade and easy to install as you will find on any car.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Congrats. Best first mod is get familiar with the car. To get more power the Cobb ap and rear motor mount. For slightly smoother ride some progressing springs. For sheer thrills just yell weeeee at the top of your lungs going around corners.

Mikey456

Ive been obsessing over this car for months with the goal to buy one new before they are gone. Ive been scoping inventory and they seemed to be disappearing pretty rapidly locally. Today was the day! Picked up a 2019 Magnetic Gray with Ebony wheels as the only option. I plan to track it on top of DD duty initially I wanted the Recaros but in the end didnt want to pay for it.

Havent had the chance to take it on any backroads yet since it was heavy traffic but i love this thing. Its the newest car ive owned by far loving all the modern features I wont be able to live with not having to touch the keys in my pocket to get in the car and start it ever again. Itll be replacing an E36 M3 and Porsche 944 as my fun cars.

Whats the best first mods without ruining the car? I dont want to go too far down the rabbit hole like with my M3 aggressive coilovers,solid engine mounts etc it was no longer fun to dd
The rigid motor mount is the most important in my opinion if you drive aggressively. If you like to heel and toe a throttle spacer. Other than that you can save up for tires that will wear out quickly. The other things for me are icing on the cake.

OP
M
Thread Starter #15
Ive put about 130 miles on it since i brought it home yesterday afternoon took it to my local twisties last night. Only gripes so far the shifter seems to get hung up on 3-2 downshifts like it wants to go over to reverse...maybe something i need to get used to. Clutch is super light in effort and feel compared to anything else ive driven im still a little inconsistent on takeoff and 1-2 shifts. Oh and heel-toeing in this car does not seem to go well.

Other than that this car is awesome for the money... shame they are axing it here. I swore id never own another FWD car that was the biggest thing I had to get over but this thing feels like no FWD ive driven. Cant wait to get it on a track and really push the limits.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Other than that this car is awesome for the money... shame they are axing it here. I swore id never own another FWD car that was the biggest thing I had to get over but this thing feels like no FWD ive driven. Cant wait to get it on a track and really push the limits.
I understand this completely , I was and still am RWD car guy at heart. I was looking at something purely in the mindset of a daily driver that was at least not boring to drive. I stumbled across the FiST while looking at Foci and ya I was immediately like this is not a normal FWD car.
I got so much more than I bargained for with the FiST.

Last edited:

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome! I'll join the chorus and say a RMM does wonders for better shifting.

Welcome! I'll join the chorus and say a RMM does wonders for better shifting.
Yes, by far! If I could choose only 1 mod, it would be a RMM. First day I had my car, did a 1-2 shift hard, and BAMM! Knew that had to be corrected!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk