Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pumaspeed Big Break kit, What wheels will fit?

Grombil

I bought a Big Break Kit from Pumaspeed. This is supposed to be their own kit but most likely build by another company. Anyway, when i got it i also got 15mm spacers for etch side up front to fit my OEM rims. Turns out i needed 20mm to clear the breaks with my oem rims.

So my question is: When i buy wheels for this car i need 17x8 et25? With 215/40/17 tires? Or would you recommend a different setup?

Im also interested in suggestions on lightweight wheels. I was thinking about OZ Rally Racing in 17x7.5 et25???? But they are not that light weight

OP
Grombil

Grombil

Thread Starter #3
I had a look and it seem 17x8 et35 is the best way to go....but 205 tire is a bit small on 8"...225 is perfect... Maby i can have some stretch ore go for 215. I need to outrun the Peugeot 308GTI gang here (My brother and two friends with the GTI.... :). Track is teknikal and lots of turns so perfect for the ST. Its the coolest and most beutifull track in scandinavia. Motorsenter Norway!

Anyone had a shakedown with a 308GTI? They run a 1.6 with 272hp but 12xxkg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am not sure if you have any 225/40-17 tires over on your side of the pond or not.
But we here in the states have exactly ONE, and it is the Hoosier built, Conti ExtremeContact Force labeled, 200 tread wear track tire.

Ironically, it's tread width is less than some of the track oriented 215/40-17s we can get here, so that kind of defeats that part of the purpose of a wider labeled tire.

Their compound could be stickier than industrial strength Velcro, held on by Super Glue, I don't know as I have not used them, or heard anything from anyone who has. [dunno]

Last edited:
OP
Grombil

Grombil

Thread Starter #5
It seem like i need to go for 17x7" or 8" with with et25 to et37 to clear the breaks. I think 8" is to prefer but not shure if 225 wold fit. Thinking federal 595r or Nankangs NS something... :)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Nankang makes a very wide 215/40-17 in their 100 tread wear, sticky, semi-slick, AR-1 offering, but sadly, nothing in a 17" diameter which would fit our rides in their much more street-able NS-2R tire (the 215/45-17 NS-2R is way too tall and too wide, especially if the car is lowered even a tiny bit from factory ride height). [:(]

Last edited:
I bought a Big Break Kit from Pumaspeed. This is supposed to be their own kit but most likely build by another company. Anyway, when i got it i also got 15mm spacers for etch side up front to fit my OEM rims. Turns out i needed 20mm to clear the breaks with my oem rims.

So my question is: When i buy wheels for this car i need 17x8 et25? With 215/40/17 tires? Or would you recommend a different setup?

Im also interested in suggestions on lightweight wheels. I was thinking about OZ Rally Racing in 17x7.5 et25???? But they are not that light weight

for whatever it's worth, i did *a lot* of research on this and below is the best option i could find

2FORGE ZF1 Alloy Wheel | Tegiwa Euro

2Forge is owned/operated by Borla and their ZF1 is the only flow formed 17x8 in a 4x108 bolt pattern that has an offset that can fit a BBK. there are others but everything i found is pretty much 1) discontinued 2) won't ship to United States or 3) will need spacers. i have talked with Tegiwa Euro and they confirmed that 2Forge will customize the offset anywhere between 10 to 45 (every setup is different but i believe if you can fit a 25-35 offset on your car, that offset will clear a BBK). search this forum for 2Forge ZF1 to find the other post I have where a British garage races with that wheel and they show how it fits their HUGE BBK.

i think they only ship out of England so I don't know how that works with Norway but I would suggest looking into it.

Last edited:
No kidding. If I wasnā€™t hell bent on going to 16s Iā€™d be all over a set.
lol, same. but i'm hell bent on 17 x 8

Phil's tires better be coming with that TD and KE Pro hotness by summer (yes i heard by Quarter 2 in 2023 but i never believe any manufacturer timeline these days)

edit: and for anyone wondering the TD Pro Race and KE Motorsport Pro WILL NOT fit a radial mounted BBK without spacers. but they *will* fit a Wilwood lug mounted BBK like the one you see on the whoosh site.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Yes, I am still undecided on whether I want one of those two Phil's Tire Service options in 17x8, or getting the heavier, (but supposedly stronger) and over three times the price for the gold color I want, Braid Fullrace A.

Either way, I must sell all of my wheels, except for the winter/rally working Methods in order to get anything else. [wink]

^^^Yes, I am still undecided on whether I want one of those two Phil's Tire Service options in 17x8, or getting the heavier, (but supposedly stronger) and over three times the price for the gold color I want, Braid Fullrace A.

Either way, I must sell all of my wheels, except for the winter/rally working Methods in order to get anything else. [wink]
why would you show me this? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
why would you show me this? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!
Basically, because I want gold color wheels for some reason, and it would cost me well over $550.00 to paint my currently gloss black, 17x8, old style TD Pro race 1.2s in that color, not even counting the tire removal costs.

If I could somehow start all over again, I would just have two sets of wheels for this car; some Braid tarmac spec 17x8 (or 16x8), and a set of their 15x7 (or even 15x6) Acropolis gravel rally spec wheels for winter/rally working duties, both in their gold color.

Basically, because I want gold color wheels for some reason, and it would cost me well over $550.00 to paint my currently gloss black, 17x8, old style TD Pro race 1.2s in that color, not even counting the tire removal costs.

If I could somehow start all over again, I would just have two sets of wheels for this car; some Braid tarmac spec 17x8 (or 16x8), and a set of their 15x7 (or even 15x6) Acropolis gravel rally spec wheels for winter/rally working duties, both in their gold color.
i meant why would you tell me about *even better* wheel company that can make 17x8 wheels in a 4x108 bolt pattern? now i'm looking through their site thinking "i can get real forged 16lb wheels for the Fiesta...it's only $5000 more. that's good value"