Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Push Button Start?

Harvick

1000 Post Club
My guess would be if the diameter is the same it should work. Is that from a Focus?

OP
P
Thread Starter #3
It's from the Euro version Focus and has successfully worked in the U.S. version of the Focus as well.

That looks cool. Maybe we can just find the part number and order one of ours. Then we could bring it to someone who can modify it/them to whatever you wanted on it to say or look like. Good idea I think.

-ry

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Hey guys.

DirtyBlueShirt has this mod on his Fiesta, I have seen it in person. It works perfectly and is a direct plug and play.

Huh, confused I am. Mine came standard with that?

But, yes, you can just order the part and the silver bezel that goes around it. We even fitted them to our MK6 Fiestas.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Huh, confused I am. Mine came standard with that?

But, yes, you can just order the part and the silver bezel that goes around it. We even fitted them to our MK6 Fiestas.
In the USA, ours has a different icon on the button.

Thanks,for the info rod.

So basically the guy that ordered one from parts ford uk or wherever said it didn't fit,so he just popped off the ford power top part and plugged into our stock one and put it back in I guess. Not worth the hassle to me. If there's a place in U.S. that have them I might buy it then.

-ry

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thanks,for the info rod.

So basically the guy that ordered one from parts ford uk or wherever said it didn't fit,so he just popped off the ford power top part and plugged into our stock one and put it back in I guess. Not worth the hassle to me. If there's a place in U.S. that have them I might buy it then.

-ry
again, i have seen this firsthand on DirtyBlueShirt's fiesta and it does indeed work.

XuperXero

What do you guys have? Still key start? If so... keep it.

I stalled my car for the first time yesterday due to some jackass cutting me off and scaring the shit out of me in a parking lot. Took me 5 seconds to figure out how to start again because of the stupid push button.

*clutch in and push button* nothing happens. *push button again* car turns off *push button again* car starts. [confuse]

But here's what mine looks like:

It does work in our cars. I ordered the button from the UK the same day I placed a deposit to order my ST last july. Had to sit and stare at the button until my car showed up in october.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
It does work in our cars. I ordered the button from the UK the same day I placed a deposit to order my ST last july. Had to sit and stare at the button until my car showed up in october.

Does it pop out from the front or is there a nut holding it in from the rear?

It pops out from the front and is a pain in the ass to pop out. I actually ordered a replacement bezel/surround incase I damaged the original one popping it out (which is good, because I did crack the original button surround)

I tried to be crafty and use high test fishing line to wrap under the bezel to lift it out....that didnt work... So I had to use a thin flathead screwdriver to reach under it slowly lift it going around and around it so it would lift evenly. The dash material is soft and forgiving to a point and will allow the screwdriver to get under there. Just dont crank on it too hard as one could deform the dash.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
It pops out from the front and is a pain in the ass to pop out. I actually ordered a replacement bezel/surround incase I damaged the original one popping it out (which is good, because I did crack the original button surround)

I tried to be crafty and use high test fishing line to wrap under the bezel to lift it out....that didnt work... So I had to use a thin flathead screwdriver to reach under it slowly lift it going around and around it so it would lift evenly. The dash material is soft and forgiving to a point and will allow the screwdriver to get under there. Just dont crank on it too hard as one could deform the dash.
Ah ok thanks for the tip. Also if you plan on removing a lot of panels in the future get these tools. Its more gentle on the dash panels than a screwdriver.

I also tried the plain "Ford Power" button and it didn't work on my Fiesta. Believe the one with the arrows is the one to work on our cars. Got this one on order from eBay UK. Will report back if it works.

Update - that one does work. It needs to be the 1838816 part number and it needs to have the start "arrows" to work correctly.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
How the heck do you get the old switch out? I tried with my plastic pry tools and my picks and little flat heads and I seem to be getting nowhere...any tips. I sure could use some.

Update - that one does work. It needs to be the 1838816 part number and it needs to have the start "arrows" to work correctly.

Last edited: