Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Query on MAS wiring before purchase

Samasm

Just about to take the leap and buy a 2014 st-2. Had a good look and test drove it today, nothing obviously wrong other than a couple visual things the dealer will fix.

When looking in the engine, the wiring for the mass airflow sensor wiring loom looked slightly out of place. From pictures, it seems the wiring is supposed to be tucked neatly back under the loom but instead some tape held it haphazardly on the side. I suspect I'm being overcautious but just wanted to check this is just one of those tiny things I can easily fix and not a sign of something bigger with the MAS or filter or previous mods etc?

Thanks!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just about to take the leap and buy a 2014 st-2. Had a good look and test drove it today, nothing obviously wrong other than a couple visual things the dealer will fix.

When looking in the engine, the wiring for the mass airflow sensor wiring loom looked slightly out of place. From pictures, it seems the wiring is supposed to be tucked neatly back under the loom but instead some tape held it haphazardly on the side. I suspect I'm being overcautious but just wanted to check this is just one of those tiny things I can easily fix and not a sign of something bigger with the MAS or filter or previous mods etc?

Thanks!
Pics?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
S

Samasm

Thread Starter #3
Pics?

Unfortunately I didn't think to take any at the time. Best I can do is show you what it should be vs what I saw.

So on the stock wire loom you can (hopefully) just make out that several multicoloured wires come out of the top then immediately tuck back down under. On the car I saw, these wires came out the top then round the side and were held by tape. I only noticed it at all because it looked too messy for stock placement. I suspect though that being messy is where the problem ends.

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Unfortunately I didn't think to take any at the time. Best I can do is show you what it should be vs what I saw.

So on the stock wire loom you can (hopefully) just make out that several multicoloured wires come out of the top then immediately tuck back down under. On the car I saw, these wires came out the top then round the side and were held by tape. I only noticed it at all because it looked too messy for stock placement. I suspect though that being messy is where the problem ends.
It is ferd Buddy....I can't see any issue with the wiring as it's not visable....only the sensor.