Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Question about CBE from Mountune

I have a X37 and a MAP catless downpipe presently. I picked up a Mountune cat back exhaust on Black Friday.

Question: will this set up have any over run? Being catless should I expect any snap, crackle, or pop on the Mountune?

Symposer delete a must do with a cbe

Any performance benefit on top of what I have? Made 280 whp vdyno on stock cbe.

Thanks for your time

grnmachine02

Overrun is more dependent on the tune then the exhaust. You'll have some pops and gurgles I'd imagine as the stock tune kinda did it. That being said, I have the mountune CBE with stock exhaust and stock turbo. My DHM tune has the pops and gurgles, and they are audible, but not obnoxious. Kinda sounds like a STI. I'd imagine yours would be much more pronounced with a catless DP.

Yes you will get rice crispy sounds. (Snap,crackle,pop)

Symposer definitely helps to hear the natural sound of the engine and exhaust so I say it's a must.

Probably not much power left on the table with the stock size turbo, but you may pick up a few more hp with that X37.

OP
B
Thread Starter #4
Thanks. It should be arriving in the next couple of days. I ordered some hangers from Whoosh. Heard there is some issues with the OEM hangers.

Should sound awesome. Big fan of the mountune tone. Intermittent pops with my stock turbo and downpipe, Randy tune. Would love to hear it once you get it set up, post a vid if you can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Siestarider

I had to use the OEM hangars, my tight black ones from MBRP did not have quite enough flex to properly set up the Mountune CBE. Its a little tricky getting the "Z" shaped piece banded in just right so tips clear rear bumper and the pipe hump over twist beam does not hit underside of chassis on bumps. Now that its fine tuned it works great.

OP
B
Thread Starter #9
I had to use the OEM hangars, my tight black ones from MBRP did not have quite enough flex to properly set up the Mountune CBE. Its a little tricky getting the "Z" shaped piece banded in just right so tips clear rear bumper and the pipe hump over twist beam does not hit underside of chassis on bumps. Now that its fine tuned it works great.

You were right on with the OEM hangers. The aftermarket ones didn't work. Thanks for all the information,

The tone is great and has no drone on the highway. I haven't heard any over run at this point. Might have more to do with the tune than anything. The weather isn't good here in Miami to really go all out.

Siestarider

Mine sat in garage for almost a year while I ran the MBRP 3" customized with Vibrant resonator and muffler. All 3" straight through, tamed drone with a strap on weight I pulled out of muffler shop trash and clamped just upstream of muffler on pipe. Great on track, but it was holding me back on street, a little loud for personal comfort and stealth when full power applied.

Just mounted the Mountune two weeks ago, once sorted I am happy with it for street. But have not been to track yet so cannot compare auditory feedback for shifting, I hate looking at the tach, much rather shift by ear. Next track day will tell how fast I can learn the new notes.

grnmachine02

You were right on with the OEM hangers. The aftermarket ones didn't work. Thanks for all the information,

The tone is great and has no drone on the highway. I haven't heard any over run at this point. Might have more to do with the tune than anything. The weather isn't good here in Miami to really go all out.
I've noticed with mine that it doesn't gurgle, more like a ...thump? The muffler/Helmholtz is really well designed on this exhaust and sometimes hearing the over run is hard.