Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Question: Cleaning Green Filter That Came with Mountune MP215 Kit

The Mountune MP215 kit includes a reusable, reoilable panel filter. The cleaning instructions say to clean the filter with the cleaning solution and water by rinsing from the 'clean side' of the filter. I also assume that to avoid getting filter oil sucked into the engine, one should only oil the dirty side and not the clean side of the filter. Question: I assume the dirty side of the filter is the one facing down as the filter lies in the airbox since air flows from the bumper area through the tube upwards through the air box and then the air goies from the induction tube (the tube that has the MAF sensor on it) into the engine. Am I correct or is it the other side of the filter? Thanks for your help.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Also these filters work better when "loaded" as in with particles. I usually clean every 30k in non dusty areas .

Yeap.Just don't go crazy with the oil .
If you do think you've over oiled it, stick the filter in an old pillowcase and whirl it above your head for a few seconds. It should fling any extra oil off the filter and into the pillow case.