Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Question on Paint Matching/Body Work

SrsBsns

Since moving to AZ a few months ago, I've been feeling like it was a matter of time before someone hit me. Drivers out here seem worse than CA. And it finally happened. About a mile from work, I stopped a light, moved forward to make a right on red and stopped to yield to oncoming traffic and got hit from behind by a newer Jeep Wrangler. Impact was only 5-10mph so it wasn't so bad, but you can see the damage below. The hatch has a decent dent and the rear bumper took most of the impact.

I'm posting because I've heard that the paint on these cars is hard to match so I wanted to ask if there's anything I need to know before bringing it to a body shop to get fixed or if there's any questions I should be asking the shop to make sure they do this right. Or.. if there's anything else I should know before bringing it in.

It's a Race Red '15. 20231101_090427.jpg

Thanks!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Race Red should not be hard to match. It’s not a crazy Metallic like the Molten Orange or my Orange Spice. You should have no problems getting it color matched. You just want to find a reputable shop and that’s totally on you checking out the body shop and deciding . Go for the highest estimate and get the check from his Insurance before doing the work as a lot of body shops will do a better job for a customer paying them straight up vs the whole insurance company paying them. For instance my Orange Spice was considered a total because the Insurance company hit an estimate trigger of 13k on the wholesale value of the car. Totaled it paid me retail 21,300 and I kept the car and my body shop fixed it for $8500. Car looks great paint is well matched .