Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Question on Tint

SrsBsns

The PO of my car had it tinted. I believe that he mentioned that they were a high quality (ceramic?) tint, but I don't have any documentation or details. I'm assuming the tint was done 2-3 years ago.

The passenger window the driver's side, as well as a few spots on the rear hatch are starting to bubble in places.

Is this a sign that the rest of the tint is going to start doing the same thing?

If I want to fix it, would it be recommended to replace the tint on all windows, or just the ones that are developing a few bubbles?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The PO of my car had it tinted. I believe that he mentioned that they were a high quality (ceramic?) tint, but I don't have any documentation or details. I'm assuming the tint was done 2-3 years ago.

The passenger window the driver's side, as well as a few spots on the rear hatch are starting to bubble in places.

Is this a sign that the rest of the tint is going to start doing the same thing?

If I want to fix it, would it be recommended to replace the tint on all windows, or just the ones that are developing a few bubbles?
Some Tint is "lifetime" warranty against defects like that. If you can find out where it was done ....you may be able to get it fixed for free.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
A few on my windows started to bubble. The tint was about 3 years old. It was replaced under warranty from the tint place.

You're in San Diego? I'm sure there quality tint places nearby. Might be time for new tint.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

OP
SrsBsns

SrsBsns

Thread Starter #4
The PO lived in Fresno. I'm in San Diego. I don't think I would want to drive up there for warranty, even if I could find the shop, so a new tint might be in the future.

Any tips for a new tint?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The PO lived in Fresno. I'm in San Diego. I don't think I would want to drive up there for warranty, even if I could find the shop, so a new tint might be in the future.

Any tips for a new tint?
Yeah get a print prescription from an optometrist....so you can have certain aspects larger than required or darker by law. I did it and if and when I get pulled over for tint....I give them the letter and just smile and then Roll up my window and drive away.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
SrsBsns

SrsBsns

Thread Starter #6
I've thought about that, but people don't really get hassled here for stuff like that. As long as you're not limo dark, you should be fine. And I wouldn't want a limo tint anyways. The tint now is already plenty dark for me.

Plus, I don't think I've ever seen an optometrist, so it might be weird to pop in and ask for that.

If you currently have ceramic on there, definitely get it redone and stick with ceramic. Makes all the difference in the world in the summertime as far as heat rejection.

For example:
On all windows except the windshield, I have 35% Suntek carbon tint. Looks great, but really didn't make a noticeable difference as far as blocking heat from the sun.
After a while I got the full windshield done in a 90% (basically clear) Suntek ceramic tint and the difference it made to blocking heat is nuts. I'd say spend the little bit extra and splurge on ceramic since you're already used to it