Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Quick question on turbo removal

I don’t have the heat shields from when I had my down pipe installed at a shop, so when I’m removing the turbo I can leave the o ring water and oil lines on right? Just remove all the vaccum water and oil lines from the turbo and install the upgraded one? Trying to have a more trouble free install.

OP
NateDawgST
Thread Starter #3
Whoosh hybrid. Sorry I should’ve specified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Make sure you DO NOT START IT RIGHT AWAY WITHOUT CHANGING THE OIL AND bumping THE STARTER/removing the starter relay TO PRIME THE TURBO WITH OIL.Follow the directions..... if you do not do this it can damage the turbo...FYI.

OP
NateDawgST
Thread Starter #5
Yea I got a lot of stuff to do including the oil change, filter and step colder plugs. Haven’t decided if I want a crossover pipe or not. Anyway thanks for the help!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
My O2 sensors threads stayed in the DP by the way..If you are doing a DP..Thanks god I had a High flow cat awaiting install and then had to track down an upstream o2 sensor. Factory cross threaded it!

OP
NateDawgST
Thread Starter #8
I had my whoosh downpipe installed about a month or more go at a shop along with new bolts so I hope they wouldn’t have rusted up already lol.

OP
NateDawgST
Thread Starter #9
What’s ur opinion on k&n oil filters or another aftermarket brand oil filter. Was gonna just get oem but curious how a different one would perform.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
What’s ur opinion on k&n oil filters or another aftermarket brand oil filter. Was gonna just get oem but curious how a different one would perform.

If it was me id Roll a Ramair panel...no need to oil...just wash. I also own a K&N and Green Filter and Ramair . All are good choices...just depends if you like Oiling stuff or Not.

OP
NateDawgST
Thread Starter #11
No I mean the oil filter for the oil change lol.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ah yes...That is a good filter along with Mobil 1...Wix.....Purolator Boss. just about anything with a synthetic media is a good choice! I have Rolled Mobil 1 and Purolator Boss....But in the extended filter that holds more oil.hehe

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I don’t have the heat shields from when I had my down pipe installed at a shop, so when I’m removing the turbo I can leave the o ring water and oil lines on right? Just remove all the vaccum water and oil lines from the turbo and install the upgraded one? Trying to have a more trouble free install.
You will need to remove the water and oil lines in order to remove the turbo. You should also put your heat shield back on after your install your aftermarket turbo. It helps keep heat away from the crossover pipe which can lower air density of the intake charge and result in less power.

OP
NateDawgST
Thread Starter #16
Will do!