Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Quieter after GFB DV+?

Brianmc27

Installed this guy yesterday and the turbo noises seem a bit
more subdued than the OE DV. Anyone else have this experience?

B725412E-BA1F-4F54-9AA1-F47AE4CABB6A.jpeg

Hoopdaddeh

Sorry to necro this however I simply cannot find this anywhere else, my "Pshh" sound is a LOT quieter than before i had the DV+ installed (currently just aftermarket filter and a hole drilled into the side of the res) and can't find any info on it. Did you find out what it was?

I have since upgraded to a larger turbo, ITG Maxogen intake, and all larger piping all around. I still have the DV+ and now I make all the noises.

Hoopdaddeh

Yeah I got a CAI coming "before 6pm today" apparently so probs won't be an issue, however I have thrown an engine light since installation so hoping nothing broke haha

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
No more (or less) 'psssh' sounds once I installed the GFB recirculating valve, but most definitely more 'R2D2 chirps', especially at low rev shifts.

But then again, this also seemed to be more noticeable once I swapped in the ST200 intake (even with the thick factory filter) so who knows. [dunno]

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Sorry to necro this however I simply cannot find this anywhere else, my "Pshh" sound is a LOT quieter than before i had the DV+ installed (currently just aftermarket filter and a hole drilled into the side of the res) and can't find any info on it. Did you find out what it was?
It is quieter because if you install all of the components it has a progressive boost release. Stock is on/off, and releases more boost than necessary. Throttle response between shifts or on/off/on throttle with DV+ should be better than stock.

If you like more noise you can take the spring out and it will act like stock.

View: https://youtu.be/3EgXspDfI08