Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Race Stripes on Molten Orange

Taz

As someone who really wants to add dark race stripes without resorting to boring black, I've been looking at potential really dark red wraps to contrast properly with Molten Orange. For my project I'm working with oranges, reds, and bronze colours, so I've been doing some research for what colour I should have for my secondary colour. Ideally I want a burgundy/dark cherry red so it'll show up properly against the more brightly coloured Molten Orange, and the nearest that I can seem to find is a wrap by 3M called "Gloss Cinder Spark Red". It looks perfect in the shade, but what about in the light? Molten Orange being one of "those" colours, I'm concerned that the stripes might not show up so well in bright sunlight. What do you guys think? Would Cinder Spark Red stripes stand out enough in all light?

Attachments

Last edited:
I agree with black is boring but I don't think red in general will stand out or look right.
My thoughts lean towards a Magnetic gray to go with Molten orange or some shade of grey.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
I pulled out my 3M color swatches to check. I don't think they have a shade of dark red that will do what you are wanting. I don't think Anthracite or charcoal metallic look right on the orange either. Matte black would be good. White would be good, and a greatly underused color for decorations. I think it's interesting that 3M has Fiery Orange and Green Envy. The Green Envy would make an eye-searing combination on the Molten Orange. Lemon Sting might also be eye popping.

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #4
I guess I should explain what I have in mind more thoroughly, just to give you a better idea of what I've been planning. I also plan to have metallic orangy bronze pinstripes, but the centre pinstripe will be left the colour of the car. Here's a partially finished diagram that I'm planning to give to the wrap company. Note the centre stripe that's remaining Molten Orange. The side stripes will also match the main stripe, highlighted by Gloss Liquid Copper pinstripes.

BTW: I think I ought to say that I plan to make the pinstripes on mine thinner than those on the grey FisT in the pic.

Attachments

Last edited: