Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Raceland coil overs

OP
Old Mike Emerson

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #3
I wouldn't...

So many better options. Over the pond they're considered bargain basement.

I'd prefer HSD or KW or Bilstein etc.
Yea I know they are cheap, and you get what you pay for. I've seen good reviews for them even being bargain basement.

The thing is they used to be half the price they are, same as Voightland and another brand the name escapes me. They are no longer cheap enough for the quality - that'd be my issue.

ronmcdon

I am biased probably because i love the GT1's I got, but you can't beat the Meister Zetas in terms of value for around a grand, especially given linear springs and option to change spring rates.
ride quality can be close to if not better than oem even on higher 8k/6k spring rates and adjusting valving can be done in 5 mins easy.
I am really impressed with them and will definitely be the first mod on whatever my next car is.
Only con is possible delays as it took close to 3 months to get a set when I ordered my coilovers.
Customer service is not bad as they messed up sending me a wrong part and finding out once it was being installed at the shop. however after a phone call, they air shipped me the correct part and it got to me 2 business days later.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I had a buddy here in Indy run the raceland for a bit. He liked them a lot for purely street use but they didn't last long at all before starting to succumb to the winter salt slush. They're probably OK in warm climates where you don't have to worry about that.

I'm not tracking Lil Badass, $1200 is a bit steep for street use.
If cost is the biggest concern, you may be better off with a dark red rattle can paint job on the factory springs, or buy a set of swift lowering springs and apply a similar finish...

Maybe using plastidip to prevent paint cracking when the spring does its flexi thing.

From my understanding the quality of the Raceland parts are pretty bottom of the barrel. If your only after the looks its probably a better setup to change the color of the springs than cheap parts even if you don't plan on tracking it.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I'm not tracking Lil Badass, $1200 is a bit steep for street use.
Meister R Zeta’s are $995 not $1200 It’s hard to beat them at that price point. The only other coillovef I would look at would be Fortune Auto and they start at like $1400 of course those are out of your price wheelhouse . Point being under $995 you are looking at either terrible coilover‘s or spring shock combo’s. Spring shock combo’s will wind up costing you somewhere in the neighborhood of $700-800 for a few hundred more you get adjustable ride height adjustable pillowball camber plates as well as adjustable camber on bottom up from and adjustable dampers that adjust easily from the top plus the choice to change spring rates. aka a lot of bang for the buck. Oh and they just work really well too.

OP
Old Mike Emerson

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #15
Meister R Zeta’s are $995 not $1200 It’s hard to beat them at that price point. The only other coillovef I would look at would be Fortune Auto and they start at like $1400 of course those are out of your price wheelhouse . Point being under $995 you are looking at either terrible coilover‘s or spring shock combo’s. Spring shock combo’s will wind up costing you somewhere in the neighborhood of $700-800 for a few hundred more you get adjustable ride height adjustable pillowball camber plates as well as adjustable camber on bottom up from and adjustable dampers that adjust easily from the top plus the choice to change spring rates. aka a lot of bang for the buck. Oh and they just work really well too.
MeisterR ZetaCRD Coilovers for Ford Fiesta ST (MK6/MK7) 08+ - MeisterR High Performance Suspension & Coilovers $1245
MeisterR GT1 Coilovers for FordFord Fiesta ST (MK6/MK7) 08+ - MeisterR High Performance Suspension & Coilovers $1995
Ford Fiesta / Fiesta ST Classic Coilovers (2011+) - Raceland $539
Also looking at these for the cover option. ISC Suspension BASIC STREET coilover kit 2014-2019 Fiesta ST – whoosh motorsports $971

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ok I guess just like everything else they went up. It also looks like you are going to let dollar cost rule your decision. All I can say too you is if you are going to stay under 1k do not buy the Raceland several of us here have spoken up about them. In the coilover world there is very much too cheap to be true going on. It’s on you at this point. I personally would run a spring shock combo before ever putting the Racelands on. We have given you the advice , you do you , in the end you are the one that has to live with your decision.

OP
Old Mike Emerson

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #17
Ok I guess just like everything else they went up. It also looks like you are going to let dollar cost rule your decision. All I can say too you is if you are going to stay under 1k do not buy the Raceland several of us here have spoken up about them. In the coilover world there is very much too cheap to be true going on. It’s on you at this point. I personally would run a spring shock combo before ever putting the Racelands on. We have given you the advice , you do you , in the end you are the one that has to live with your decision.
You bring up sever good points that I'm not discounting. It's in the research stage right now, that is why I asked.

They just went up, looked for them a week or two ago and they still were 995$. Oh well, guess I'll keep my Swift and pray that the Bilstein rear shock come back in stock in this decade.

ronmcdon

Zetas were an absolute steal at $1k. They were also great deal when I got GT1 black friday $1600 (tried persuading DPRO to get then).

Sucks that they’ve gone up in price. My heart dropped when I found out the fortune went up from also around 1k to 1400. The world is a sad unkind place today.