Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Raceland coilovers (Anybody running these?)

HBEcoBeaST

Looks like rev9. Worse than Megan Racing and Godspeed and those 2 aren't good either. If you're on a budget, springs are best. Decent coilovers start around $800 and even then only certain ones are decent.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
Z
Thread Starter #3
Looks like rev9. Worse than Megan Racing and Godspeed and those 2 aren't good either. If you're on a budget, springs are best. Decent coilovers start around $800 and even then only certain ones are decent.

Right. That's the general consensus about these, think I'll just stick to some springs.

HBEcoBeaST

Right. That's the general consensus about these, think I'll just stick to some springs.
Good call. Quickest way to ruin your ride (literally) is bad suspension.

I know Whoosh recommends K Sport coils and I know ISC are decent. Bilsteins can be had from the UK for $750ish plus $100 if you don't re use your top hats/components.

Otherwise Swift springs or Mountune springs are solid choices.

Last year I was looking into suspension and only got coilovers because my oem dampers were worn out.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
They last as long as factory. 60k miles if you run them max height. You lower it. Life gets shorter.
These are cheap junk. And were cheap junk 10 years ago too.

I will chime in with the rest that basically no suspension upgrades are better than Raceland. I have seen first hand too many bad experiences with these (and most for that matter) budget coilover sets.

The hardware they use is prone to flat out break, seize or strip and not hold up. The damper technology or R&D/effort just isn't there.

I think if you want coilovers you need to ask yourself why? What are the reasons you think you need or want them. If the reasons are good get ready to spend a bit and research the good options for you. If the reasons aren't great you will likely be far better served with a good shock/spring combo for far less cost.

the duke

Stock suspension isn't bad, though it's overdampened and the springs seem to be slightly regressive.

The bigger question is what do you want? Modest drop? Slam the car? Care about how it'll ride?

The stock setup is so damn good in my opinion, it’s damn near perfect. Why mess with it, especially if your considering a junk replacement. But yeah, Raceland isn’t a good brand.
Our stock suspension is very good. I have been reluctant to tinker much or at all with mine. I came from the MKII-IV VW world where all the OEM suspension was garbage no matter what you bought.

This car handles, and has some level of ride quality and sophistication stock. I have been reluctant to mess with it.

That said I got some Eibachs for a deal I couldn't pass up this last winter. Going on in the next weekend or two with original shocks. Hopefully it doesn't soften things up too much. I just don't want to lower this thing anymore than I have to given my daily ND winter use of this car.

If you live in an area without winter and want to drop the car any less than 2"+ I think anybody would be better served by a good shock spring combo than any budget coils for a similar price.

Last edited:
OP
Z
Thread Starter #10
Stock suspension isn't bad, though it's overdampened and the springs seem to be slightly regressive.

The bigger question is what do you want? Modest drop? Slam the car? Care about how it'll ride?
Just a modest drop. I honestly just like the look of lowered/slammed cars but I daily this car so it's needs to be practical (aka not worrying about it scraping)

HBEcoBeaST

Just a modest drop. I honestly just like the look of lowered/slammed cars but I daily this car so it's needs to be practical (aka not worrying about it scraping)
Just get springs dude. Best handling mild ~1" drop is Swift or Mountune. Best handling more aggressive raked stance ST springs ~1.5" fr .75" rear. Eibachs are comfy and soft with 1" drop. H&R super sports lower most that I know 1.5-1.75". Otherwise$850-$1000 for a decent entry level coilover (I vote Bilstein, ISC or BC).

Drops are approximate. Results may vary