Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Radiator support removal.

PhoenixM3

All,

I hit some ice last month, and one of the casualties is the radiator support. I have the bumper cover and crash beam removed, and haven't taken a wrench to the radiator support yet, but my question is this. Do I remove the radiator first? Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
You can support the radiator and make the swap in place but it's tricky. Probably best to pull the radiator. Any pictures?

I'll be doing this soon too. I would try to find a way to remove the rad support without removing the radiator and condensor assembly. Otherwise you'd have to disconnect the a/c lines which you're supposed to get evacuated before even doing so as it's really bad for the environment. Then you have to get it refilled afterwards. Maybe you could just take out the radiator as the ac condensor I think just latches onto it. The radiator could come out from the bottom, just jack the front end of the car up really high.

OP
PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3

Thread Starter #4
Ok, discovered there are two removable tabs at the top of the radiator support which must be removed and the rubber grommets beneath also have to be removed, then the entire assembly can be removed WITHOUT disconnect either radiator hose, or AC condenser. There are a few wire ties which must be cut for the hood open sensor, and the hood release cable, and latch assembly must be disconnected and removed too. Rad 1.jpg Rad 2.jpg Rad 3.jpg

The way you deal with it looks good to me. I am not much aware of the radiator support removal and fixing it but it looks like you figure out the problem and resolved it.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ok, discovered there are two removable tabs at the top of the radiator support which must be removed and the rubber grommets beneath also have to be removed, then the entire assembly can be removed WITHOUT disconnect either radiator hose, or AC condenser. There are a few wire ties which must be cut for the hood open sensor, and the hood release cable, and latch assembly must be disconnected and removed too. View attachment 39635 View attachment 39636 View attachment 39637
Ah you discovered what I was going to mention and the fact that if one is careful and has a pair of spare buckets they can remove it attached and rest it upright on them as to not disturb the connections we did this on my rad and intercooler install except we left the core attached to the crash bar and separated the whole assembly from the front of the car in one piece. It made putting the radiator in a piece of cake and was only 4 bolts more after the intercooler.