Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ramair OR Green Filter OR K&N Air Filters, Which one is best?

anticon

I am looking to get a drop-in panel filter to get a little more noise from the engine, and improve airflow a little. Which one is the best?

I am completely stock when it comes to my engine (other than a OCC), but I would like to hear the intake sounds a little more without having to replace any other hardware at this point. I would like to keep my warranty intact for the engine for now.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've had all 3...running a Ramair while I was cleaning the Green filter....k&n is flying around in my garage. Either would be A-ok to run

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I enjoy the multilayer foam filters from our friends in the UK
I used the RAMAIR panel in my ST200 airbox and now the large foam included with the ITG intake system on our shop car.

We offer the K&N and now, Green Filter on the site (actually in stock too) just for those US folks that love the oiled paper type filters. Nothing wrong with them and honestly you will not hurt your car with any of the choices....they are in fact just that, a choice for you.

-Ron

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I enjoy the multilayer foam filters from our friends in the UK
I used the RAMAIR panel in my ST200 airbox and now the large foam included with the ITG intake system on our shop car.

We offer the K&N and now, Green Filter on the site (actually in stock too) just for those US folks that love the oiled paper type filters. Nothing wrong with them and honestly you will not hurt your car with any of the choices....they are in fact just that, a choice for you.

-Ron
Is it paper or is it a cotton fiber media? I'm pretty sure it was cotton fiber media ....

Last edited:

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Is it paper or is it a cotton fiber media? I'm pretty sure it was cotton fiber media ....

thank you for the correction, you sir are correct
OEM paper, oiled cotton fiber for the K&N, Green, etc

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
thank you for the correction, you sir are correct
OEM paper, oiled cotton fiber for the K&N, Green, etc
Discount.....discount....discount! Hahah kidding Ron! Any werd on ma springs dawg?

Last edited:

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Discount.....discount....discount! Hahah kidding Ron! Any werd on ma springs dawg?

should be end of this week, worst case early next
you are one of many waiting on their emails....sorry for the wait

felopr

I had both the k&n and the ramair, I am using atm the ramair because: is a dry filter, super easy to clean. I just clean it with soapy water and leave it drying while I change the oil on the car. Cleaning well a K&n and any oil filter can be a pain, then you have to wait for it to dry to then oil it

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
I had both the k&n and the ramair, I am using atm the ramair because: is a dry filter, super easy to clean. I just clean it with soapy water and leave it drying while I change the oil on the car. Cleaning well a K&n and any oil filter can be a pain, then you have to wait for it to dry to then oil it
Yep. That’s why I’m getting the Ramair filter.