Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Random Sync3 issues

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I know an update is coming soon for the Sync3 systems, the Android Auto and ApplePlay but I was wondering if anyone else has had Sync3 issues like me.

- Mobile Apps switched to On turns back to off next time I get in the car
- Can't update Mobile Apps even though it says "update needed"
- Misc settings reset between starts
- Pandora won't allow to skip songs or change presets

Has anyone else had these random issues?

Maybe I should turn mine on and see what's going on. I have to admit I never have it on; I'm in my own little world just having a good time. I tried the radio when I got the car in February thought it sounded pretty rubbish and that was it. How bad is that

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
As far as sound, it's not bad. Treble and mids are quite nice but it's severely lacking in bass. I plan on adding a powered subwoofer at some point.

I actually like the Sync3 system overall but I have the above quirks which make it a little "less than perfect." I'm hopeful the Android Auto update will fix most of it.

I know an update is coming soon for the Sync3 systems, the Android Auto and ApplePlay but I was wondering if anyone else has had Sync3 issues like me.

no I don't.

I don't have this issue either. I am using an iPhone tho.

never had this either.

I used to have this issue with not being able to skip songs. ITs working good now. As far as presets, for me its the like 10 most recently played stations that are my presets.

added color above to show my answers

offthewall - I'll try using Pandora the next couple days to see how it works on my FiST. So far SYNC3 has been good to me - my main issue is my Android phone keeps forgetting bluetooth devices so I've had to pair it to SYNC almost daily. Hopefully I've fixed that...will report back on Pandora tomorrow.

I have the same problem with spotify not letting me change tracks, but usually I just use the bluetooth player and it works fine I just dont have a nice UI with that. I really hope they fix that because its super irritating. I have faith It will be fixed in the AA update.

I have problems with my Bluetooth connection. If I'm on the phone talking and I turn on the car, sometimes the Bluetooth will mute my audio. The person can hear me but I can hear them. I have to disconnect the Bluetooth and start all over again to fix the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son fiddled with mine yesterday he's a bit more tech savvy than me and every thing seamed to work ok in the 30 mins he went back and forth between apps and music

The only issue I can relate with is pandora being kinda goofy. I very rarely use it through sync3 (mainly just listen to SXM for tunes) so it's not a big pain yet.

Also looking forward to the android auto update

I bought my '16 FiST a couple months ago and have been battling with Sync3 since an initially positive experience on the lot. I have a Nexus 5X Android phone FWIW. About a week ago I started running the new Android beta release on my phone, but these issues have been persistent both with stable and beta OS versions.

I don't know that I've had Mobile Apps turned to off, but I've seen somewhat spotty recognition of apps. I primarily use Spotify, and it recognizes the app is there most of the time, but it only actually plays about 1/3 of the time. That's the one thing that has also gotten more reliable with the OS beta. I recently downloaded the FordPass app to see if it would do anything, and I've run into this kind of permission issue a couple of times.
It's not unusual for me to have no apps showing up, even after I've been running the car for a while and have been using the Bluetooth connection for other things. About half the time if I press the "Find New Apps" button, I get nothing.
When the apps do actually show up and work, I don't see any issues with them as far as settings. With Spotify I've had good luck with it knowing what I was last listening to and what my configuration in the apps have been.
I can't speak for Pandora, but I've seen the same issue with Spotify. If I skip maybe 3 songs or so, regardless or whether they were in a row or now, it refuses to skip using either the screen or steering wheel controls. If I pause the track and then play again, skip starts working (for a bit).
Additional comment: both before and after installing the Android beta, I've run into consistency issues with Bluetooth audio, mostly using Spotify. Not sure if it's the app, the phone, or the car, but the controls (basic controls or additional things like shuffle/repeat buttons) and details (such as progress bar) I get are mixed. Sometimes the car will keep playing the audio but won't update the track information on screen; when that happens, the playback controls also stop working, and I'm at the mercy of the phone.

I bought my '16 FiST a couple months ago and have been battling with Sync3 since an initially positive experience on the lot. I have a Nexus 5X Android phone FWIW. About a week ago I started running the new Android beta release on my phone, but these issues have been persistent both with stable and beta OS versions.

Additional comment: both before and after installing the Android beta, I've run into consistency issues with Bluetooth audio, mostly using Spotify. Not sure if it's the app, the phone, or the car, but the controls (basic controls or additional things like shuffle/repeat buttons) and details (such as progress bar) I get are mixed. Sometimes the car will keep playing the audio but won't update the track information on screen; when that happens, the playback controls also stop working, and I'm at the mercy of the phone.
I have the same problems, I made a post in the Spotify forums but no one has responded yet...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Freezing-when-connected-to-Ford-Sync-3/td-p/1409146

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have had almost all of the problems you all have mentioned. I no longer use the 'apps' for Spotify and Pandora. I have no patience for it. I use the 'bluetooth' source and it always works. no sense in using the apps for their fancy interface if it's going to be hit or miss every time.

I have had almost all of the problems you all have mentioned. I no longer use the 'apps' for Spotify and Pandora. I have no patience for it. I use the 'bluetooth' source and it always works. no sense in using the apps for their fancy interface if it's going to be hit or miss every time.
Exactly how I feel, the Spotify app is nice, but it doesn't work for shit. Maybe the AA update will fix it, but my last car didn't even tell me the song name so my system is a big upgrade already

I did a network settings reset in Android a couple/few weeks back and haven't had any of the issues I had before, which were mainly issues with having to pair with SYNC almost daily because the phone would forget. Phone now remembers and recognized SYNC and everything is working smoothly again. That said, Android Auto will be nice....whenever that happens. I haven't upgraded to N and plan to wait a while for the teething process since I only have one phone and rely on it heavily for work and personal use.

I've steered people away from buying fiestas as daily drivers because of sync3. It promises so much and delivers so little.

Hopefully the long wait for the new update means they're actually doing some beta testing.

I've steered people away from buying fiestas as daily drivers because of sync3. It promises so much and delivers so little.

Hopefully the long wait for the new update means they're actually doing some beta testing.
That's kind of harsh. Just because the apps don't interface correctly, the whole car should be discarded? IMHO the issue is with the phone side apps. THe car software doesn't change, but phone apps are updated almost weekly. If those developers don't take the already written programming for sync 3 into account, or test it, errors will occur. Just my opinion though.

Sent from the Canyon's Edge

I just traded my 2014 ST for a 2016. My iPod constantly disconnects from Sync 3 and I have to perform a reset on the iPod to get it working again because it freezes. I never had this problem in my 2014. Does anyone else have this issue?

Man, that's a bit extreme. The car is amazing! Yeah sync has its issues but the car it's self is a 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's kind of harsh. Just because the apps don't interface correctly, the whole car should be discarded? IMHO the issue is with the phone side apps. THe car software doesn't change, but phone apps are updated almost weekly. If those developers don't take the already written programming for sync 3 into account, or test it, errors will occur. Just my opinion though.

Sent from the Canyon's Edge
For a daily driver it's infuriating. It isn't the fault of the apps. Sync3 is buggy with pandora and spotify, it's buggy with ipods and iphones, it's buggy with usb drives, and it's buggy with streaming bluetooth. Other car makers are doing it better. If they're not getting the ST and don't care about performance, why put up with it?