Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rattle behind MFT screen, Ford didn't drive it?

STooge

So I took my car into my dealership yesterday for a few things. 15k service, surface rust, and a rattle from behind the MFT screen. I was upfront with the advisor and told him it does not happen much unless its cold so I told him to keep the car over night if they wanted to and drive it in the morning.

I got a call around 3:00 P.M. and was told my car was done and that they could not find the rattle probably due to the warm weather. NO attempt was made to keep the car overnight. So, I picked up the car around 5:30 and noticed something odd, the mileage on the RO for in/out was the same? So, I can only come to the conclusion that they did not even attempt to find a rattle in my car nor did they make any offer to try it the next day.

I had heard a lot of stories of this dealer being horrible but I went anyway due to convenience. I have also tried another dealership with the same company and was not impressed by any means getting an oil change done.

What is next?

I have the same issue. It happens to me only when it is cold outside. I have yet to take my car in for service, however that will likely come when the warmer spring weather comes as I have some weather stripping coming up that I would like fixed.

I am interested to hear if anyone else in cold climates has this issue along with what may be done to fix this. You aren't the only one with a problem and Ford should make it right for us rather than saying they can't replicate the problem and give you the run-around. I am not looking forward to that visit to the dealer if that will be their stance.

We all can't live in sunny warm California after all. [:)]

-William

OP
STooge

STooge

Thread Starter #3
Agreed. My fear is that the instant I would be out of warranty(leasing right now, but trying to decide to purchase, dealer is not helping themselves) they would say, "oh we found it, we have to remove the dash to fix it though".......uh......

I have the exact same rattle. It has been driving me crazy during this cold weather. I assumed I'd have issues with a dealer trying to find it and I really can't go without the car right now.

So I took my car into my dealership yesterday for a few things. 15k service, surface rust, and a rattle from behind the MFT screen. I was upfront with the advisor and told him it does not happen much unless its cold so I told him to keep the car over night if they wanted to and drive it in the morning.

I got a call around 3:00 P.M. and was told my car was done and that they could not find the rattle probably due to the warm weather. NO attempt was made to keep the car overnight. So, I picked up the car around 5:30 and noticed something odd, the mileage on the RO for in/out was the same? So, I can only come to the conclusion that they did not even attempt to find a rattle in my car nor did they make any offer to try it the next day.

I had heard a lot of stories of this dealer being horrible but I went anyway due to convenience. I have also tried another dealership with the same company and was not impressed by any means getting an oil change done.

What is next?
I got your message, and I'm looking into it. :)

I have the same issue. It happens to me only when it is cold outside. I have yet to take my car in for service, however that will likely come when the warmer spring weather comes as I have some weather stripping coming up that I would like fixed.

I am interested to hear if anyone else in cold climates has this issue along with what may be done to fix this. You aren't the only one with a problem and Ford should make it right for us rather than saying they can't replicate the problem and give you the run-around. I am not looking forward to that visit to the dealer if that will be their stance.

We all can't live in sunny warm California after all. [:)]

-William
I have the exact same rattle. It has been driving me crazy during this cold weather. I assumed I'd have issues with a dealer trying to find it and I really can't go without the car right now.
Hey guys,

I'm happy to send this up to your customer service manage to check for additional assistance, if you'd like. I'll need your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and preferred dealer name/location sent via PM.

Meagan

Saddler08

Hey guys, did you get the issue resolved? i honestly just signed up for this site because I started having this issue.

Curious to what happened for you guys.

I never had the chance to get mine to the dealer. I knew the problem wasn't happening in the fall, and sure enough I haven't heard it since the weather has been considerably warmer.

Mine hasn't made it in to the dealer either. Things are warming up around here and the rattle has stopped for me just like DK 58. Now I figure if I take it in the dealer will say they can't duplicate the problem and send me packing. Rest assured though; if the rattle starts up in these warmer months I will have it looked at.

You know, I noticed rattling coming from the middle of the dash this morning on my way up to Jersey and I couldn't really figure out where it was coming from. As I got closer to where I was going, it stopped. It didn't do it the whole way home. I'm guessing the rattle is behind the MFT screen like you guys have found.

Hey guys, did you get the issue resolved? i honestly just signed up for this site because I started having this issue.

Curious to what happened for you guys.
I never had the chance to get mine to the dealer. I knew the problem wasn't happening in the fall, and sure enough I haven't heard it since the weather has been considerably warmer.
Mine hasn't made it in to the dealer either. Things are warming up around here and the rattle has stopped for me just like DK 58. Now I figure if I take it in the dealer will say they can't duplicate the problem and send me packing. Rest assured though; if the rattle starts up in these warmer months I will have it looked at.
You know, I noticed rattling coming from the middle of the dash this morning on my way up to Jersey and I couldn't really figure out where it was coming from. As I got closer to where I was going, it stopped. It didn't do it the whole way home. I'm guessing the rattle is behind the MFT screen like you guys have found.
Hi guys,

If you do decide to head to the dealer, please let me know. I'll check out some extra assistance.

Meagan

Well I couldn't reproduce it this morning and it was a cool morning. When it starts getting cold next winter and it does it again, I will take it in.

Well I couldn't reproduce it this morning and it was a cool morning. When it starts getting cold next winter and it does it again, I will take it in.
Feel free to reach back out to me, then. :D

Thanks Meagan!

If I do go i'll PM you before hand
Sounds like a plan! I'll keep an eye out.

Meagan