Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rays Lug Nuts - Need Lock Key number

I recently purchased a 2016 Fiesta ST and it has a set of Rays Lug Nuts installed on the summer/daily wheels. I am putting a set of snow tires and steelies on and the vehicle didn't come with the locking key, so I am unable to remove the locking nuts without forcing them off, which I don't really want to do.

The rays lug nuts are an 8 spline lock, I am hoping someone in the forums has used rays lug nuts and can provide a picture of the key with part number or share which kit is the correct one to purchase.

Last edited:
OP
S
Thread Starter #2
We were able to get one off using a universal master kit, but it scratched up the lug nut and we need the key to ensure that we can torque them correctly when we re-install them. (Picture included for reference)

Attachments

SteveS

1000 Post Club
It would be a lot simpler to just get some new lug nuts. You should be able to get a set of splined lug nuts for about $40 from the parts store. And a socket.

OP
S
Thread Starter #6
It would be a lot simpler to just get some new lug nuts. You should be able to get a set of splined lug nuts for about $40 from the parts store. And a socket.
Correct, but I need the correct splined key to remove the current lug nuts on the vehicle. That's why I need to know what Rays lock key or complete set I need.

I will need a set of lug nuts for the winter tires, but if I can keep the rays lug nuts for the summer/daily wheels, I'd prefer that.

If no one has the part or part number I would send an email or call Rays wheels. They probably have a key just laying around. Or given the circumstance they might just sell you a set for cheaper.
FWIW - When I bent a gram light one time (my fault- went off track in a bad spot) I tried to buy one to replace it but they told me they didn't sell wheels by one single one. They normally only do sets, but they sold me a pair and the second wheel was basically 50% off, I was told they were returned open box wheels. The customer service experience with that was amazing. I can't guarantee you'll get a discount or anything special. But I think their customer service is pretty good.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
When I look at the Rays Wheels website, I see no lug nuts listed which look like the one you took off. However their authorized distributor in North America is Mackin Industries and they do list the sets of lug nuts with lock and key. You can't buy from them though. However, since they have a US phone number, I'd start by calling them. (562) 946-6820

OP
S
Thread Starter #9
If no one has the part or part number I would send an email or call Rays wheels. They probably have a key just laying around. Or given the circumstance they might just sell you a set for cheaper.
FWIW - When I bent a gram light one time (my fault- went off track in a bad spot) I tried to buy one to replace it but they told me they didn't sell wheels by one single one. They normally only do sets, but they sold me a pair and the second wheel was basically 50% off, I was told they were returned open box wheels. The customer service experience with that was amazing. I can't guarantee you'll get a discount or anything special. But I think their customer service is pretty good.
The first place I went to look was Ray's and their distributors. Every single person responded saying that they wouldn't be able to identify which key I need without the stamped number on the lock key itself. If I had the original lock key, I wouldn't be shopping for a replacement. Rays has eight different lock keys from what I have been able to discern, they're not cheap so I'm trying not to buy all eight and test which one I end up needing.

OP
S
Thread Starter #10
When I look at the Rays Wheels website, I see no lug nuts listed which look like the one you took off. However their authorized distributor in North America is Mackin Industries and they do list the sets of lug nuts with lock and key. You can't buy from them though. However, since they have a US phone number, I'd start by calling them. (562) 946-6820
This is the one that I think they are, I was hoping that someone with rays lugnuts could confirm, but I might just bite the bullet and buy it... Always return it if it doesn't work

https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/...QAh2ab7HjGoNNBWw0JzvhobRRXsQZkExoC_vUQAvD_BwE

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, this is why I avoid the lock key/splined lugs like the plague.

I have a set of the regular HEX Rays steel lug nuts which otherwise look exactly like those, which I installed without using the supplied locks.

Maybe I am giving the thieves way too much credit in them knowing just how few rides use our same bolt pattern/offsets, and therefore thinking that our wheels are just not worth clipping at all, but I will take my chances. [wink]

Besides, Dekagrams are not exactly a $5K+ set of REAL; RAYS, Volk, Gram Lights, etc. high zoot wheels, so hoping they all say "why bother?".