Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RE-71r tire pressures

Just got some Sparco Asseto 16x7 42et with RE-71r 205/50/16. What tire pressure range do you suggest front/rear for autocross and road course work. Hopefully accelerate the learning curve. Thanks in advance.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I anticipate suggestions that you lower your tire pressure, but after following that advice, I experienced a lot of shoulder wear. 40/38 seems to work well for me, at least in terms of wear; in terms of lap times, it's hard to tell because of traffic, etc -- I don't autocross, so it's less consistent for me, but I assume that better wear should also mean more consistent lap times.

I run 45f and 40 rear. The tires shoulders hold up well. I’m getting about 80 passes out of the tires. I think there are more runs in them but my 16 year old is learning......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just got some Sparco Asseto 16x7 42et with RE-71r 205/50/16. What tire pressure range do you suggest front/rear for autocross and road course work. Hopefully accelerate the learning curve. Thanks in advance.
I ran this exact tire size up to... few days ago :cry: Street pressures were per door sticker (39f/35r). Autox pressures i used were 42-45f/45r; with rear most certainly higher or equal to front to help rotation. I tried using lower pressures around 39 but I found that it just chews up the tires without adding significant grip.

OP
F
Thread Starter #9
I ran this exact tire size up to... few days ago :cry: Street pressures were per door sticker (39f/35r). Autox pressures i used were 42-45f/45r; with rear most certainly higher or equal to front to help rotation. I tried using lower pressures around 39 but I found that it just chews up the tires without adding significant grip.
Great to know. Thanks

We had a moderate temperature day yesterday in Ft MacLeod, AB, at our autocross event on the airstrip. 70-75F showing on the dash. Started cold on 35F, 32R. Hot 36F, 33R. Airstrip was crazy dusty and slippery on the first run (I was third car in the first run group) but grip improved by the second run. I have stock rear koni's and re-valved koni fronts. Car was the most predictable it's been since I started autocrossing it.

I think your tire pressure depends on surface, temperature, and driving style. I prefer running RE-71R's when surface is cold or wet, with moderate daytime heat later on, and BFG's on really hot days (eg. Summer in Fontana), but likely at those pressures I listed above, making adjustments on the day as required. I chalk my sidewalls more often than not.