Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear axle beam splitting

I was inspecting the rear end of my car today and found that where the rear axle twist beam connects to the hub looks like it's got a tear on both sides. I don't track this car. Anyone have this same issue, and do you think Ford will warranty this?

Attachments

PunkST

2000 Post Club
It looks like the seam thats created when the twist beam gets stamped into shape.

OP
lowda9
Thread Starter #3
It looks like it's cut there. Doesn't look normal to me...

PunkST

2000 Post Club
It doesnt look fresh. It looks like its a part of the manufacturing process. Its probably not welded to allow the beam to twist like it should.

slopoke

Looks like the weld isn't fully penetrated. Like the post above, it might be manufactured that way. Now, if were developing that look, in a radial direction (twisting axis), then I'd be worried.

OP
lowda9
Thread Starter #6
Ok I was worried. I'm glad it's not another problem; I checked and a new axle beam is like 2k. I was even starting to plan a repair and to weld right along there but if you guys say it's normal, then I'll just leave it.

haste

1000 Post Club
Looks so clean. I plan to clean mine up eventually.
I'm guessing it's a geographical thingy. I'm in North Carolina. We see a tiny bit of winter here. The car has been driven some on treated roads but I always try to do an undercarriage wash afterwards.

I was inspecting the rear end of my car today and found that where the rear axle twist beam connects to the hub looks like it's got a tear on both sides. I don't track this car. Anyone have this same issue, and do you think Ford will warranty this?
Is that a crack on your left rear rotor?

OP
lowda9
Thread Starter #12
Looks like a groove to me, like a rock got stuck in between the caliper and rotor, but I'll check. I did have too much fun this winter.