Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear bumper assembly lower defuser...

xxiaze

I’m looking for a replacement of the rear bumpers lower honeycomb portion. Preferably with dual exit exhaust. I think I’ve seen one on aliexpress but not sure how any of that garbage would fit.

does anyone know of anything that utilizes factory bumper but replaces lower honeycomb portion as stated above? I suppose aliexpress is fine if fitment reasonably verified.

see desired look below with images posted:

thanks! 9F2E6722-B287-4360-B52C-8854D4568061.jpeg 7A10810E-8B96-49F1-972C-052F6E5B62A1.png

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #3
I’m just not sure how to make these fit... US and EU rear bumper/crash bar is different and will not accommodate each other.

does anyone know if EU rear crash bar will mount up to the US vehicle plug and play?

id be glad to buy an EU rear crash bar and bumper if it will work properly.

the duke

I’m just not sure how to make these fit... US and EU rear bumper/crash bar is different and will not accommodate each other.

does anyone know if EU rear crash bar will mount up to the US vehicle plug and play?

I bought the Maxton from a friend and when I lined it up,There was a big ass gap on both sides.My friend took it back and even he didn't know about the fitment.I wish Maxton will make some for the US spec as it really looks nice

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #7
I bought the Maxton from a friend and when I lined it up,There was a big ass gap on both sides.My friend took it back and even he didn't know about the fitment.I wish Maxton will make some for the US spec as it really looks nice
It’s very likely there was a gap because the US crash bar in rear is much larger and didn’t allow for the bumper to seat fully. It pressed it away from the car. I believe in order to completely seat those bumpers you need to use the EU crash bar and related hardware. Would be a full rear end conversion. They are certainly beautiful though! I hope they make some US easy plug and play as well...

where you at maxton????

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

Yes, minus the fact that they do not comply with NHTSA standards and if you ever got rear-ended the damage might be considerably more than what i would be with the US spec parts.

Look at the diagram, the EU spec is literally just a bar to help support the bumper. Ours is an entire beam assembly designed to absorb low speed impacts.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #15
Honestly that’s why I’m more interested in the original posts variation.... I’d much rather install the dual exhaust lower valance from said maxton style eu bumpers and just for them to the US spec. I don’t think a full conversion is totally necessary. I’d be happy to fiberglass and body fill/paint any fitment.

Just trying to figure out if anyone knows a nice dual exhaust lower valance like original pics but that fit US bumper.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, minus the fact that they do not comply with NHTSA standards and if you ever got rear-ended the damage might be considerably more than what i would be with the US spec parts.

Look at the diagram, the EU spec is literally just a bar to help support the bumper. Ours is an entire beam assembly designed to absorb low speed impacts.
Also, although yes, they would have to a draconian inspection, and have an adjuster who actually knows what he's looking at, but your insurance company could deny coverage for a rear-ender, if they could find out about this.
(You KNOW they will look for any/every excuse to deny coverage, because "they are always looking out for you" <-[histerical])

PunkST

2000 Post Club

If you get rear ended in these cars its pretty much a write off anyways. Grandma in her lesabre is gonna literally destroy these even with a factory bumper. Let alone karen in her now 3500 pound rav 4. Or bill who tailgates in his ram crew cab.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If you get rear ended in these cars its pretty much a write off anyways. Grandma in her lesabre is gonna literally destroy these even with a factory bumper. Let alone karen in her now 3500 pound rav 4. Or bill who tailgates in his ram crew cab.
Yes, you are correct about that, and at that point, they will not look for anything else, nor care. [wink]

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
M-sport is speaking more from a personal injury standpoint than anything else. IF an inspection were performed and it was found that you altered the crash bar / safety devices, your insurance could deny or diminish any personal injury claim from an accident because the parts were modified and therefore did not function as intended

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
I totally agree with msport. People who have seen my posts before know I'm all about hacking into plastic and making stuff fit but the one thing I don't screw with is the stuff in legally not allowed to. The crash bars have been proven in a crash test to limit or eliminate damage to the driver and allow the crumple zone to do its job and send the force of the hood up and out versus into your lap. I don't ever want to be hurt by a situation like this. And for what? My car to look cooler? I can't drive a car without legs and arms...

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk