Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear engine mount, which one?

Hi all,

Anyone know what engine mount is the best? I have a choice of the 2 in the photos.

Is it worth paying the extra for the Cobb tuneing one?

Thanks!

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

HBEcoBeaST

I've seen more torque solutions rmm fail than Cobb. I've run my cobb rmm for over 40,000 miles and 2 years. No issues.

big improvement and barely noticeable NVH, especially after it's broken in. I'm happy I didn't go any more aggressive.

Spork1569

+1 for the COBB. (or Mountune if you can)
I have the Mountune, not too much stiffer than stock and it still reduces wheel hop pretty well.

Be prepared to grease the heck out of it though lest you want to hear squeaking every time you stop.

Se7eN

Hi all,

Anyone know what engine mount is the best? I have a choice of the 2 in the photos.

Is it worth paying the extra for the Cobb tuneing one?

Thanks!

okok, how about NO for the TQ Solutions, I already broke one twice. Also a good choice are the ones Whoosh makes now or even the other brands offered there. But don't get the Torque Solutions.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I have a cobb, had an AWR before. The AWR vibrated so much it made my arm scars hurt :p

The cobb doesn't keep the tires on the ground quite as well but it's much more daily-friendly. I don't even notice my tires breaking traction most of the time (as evidenced by my tire life :| )

Ron/whoosh might be a good option, I haven't used one but Ron's stuff is always of great quality.

SrsBsns

I have the Mountune and it was a nice improvement over stock. No squeaking or squealing from mine and the vibration is minimal in the cabin. I got the Mountune because it was on sale.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Can speak from personal experience: My Torque Solutions broke on me with just one night of drag racing, made about 8 passes, and now have the Cobb. The Cobb has a softer initial bushing than the TS , so it has VERY little vibes, but has a stiffer secondary than the TS, so feels more planted. Caveat: I also have Powerflex Street level upper engine mount inserts as well, which definitely offsets the complaint that the Cobb is too soft on their primary bushing. With the street inserts and the Cobb there is very minimal vibes and very planted feeling and the upper inserts help with torque steer and wheel hop as well over just an RMM. I'm actually shocked at what an amazing combo I stumbled on!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I have a cobb, had an AWR before. The AWR vibrated so much it made my arm scars hurt :p

The cobb doesn't keep the tires on the ground quite as well but it's much more daily-friendly. I don't even notice my tires breaking traction most of the time (as evidenced by my tire life :| )

Ron/whoosh might be a good option, I haven't used one but Ron's stuff is always of great quality.
Cobb: 68a/80a (slightly too soft primary), Whoosh 72a/80a, perfect for most... If I wasn't given a Cobb for free I highly recommend Ron's but also the Street upper inserts make a HUGE difference with offsetting your complaint on the Cobb for sure! Highly recommend adding those to a Cobb or Ron's!

OP
METZGER
Thread Starter #15
Thanks everyone for your help!!

I just ordered the Cobb one.

Shit... There was no option to choose the stiffness... [emoji50]

There was a cheaper option also for just the inserts but requires me to use a counter sink drill bit and drill the original motor mount bracket... Stuff that.. i just want a quick bolt up and forget..

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thanks everyone for your help!!

I just ordered the Cobb one.

Shit... There was no option to choose the stiffness... [emoji50]

There was a cheaper option also for just the inserts but requires me to use a counter sink drill bit and drill the original motor mount bracket... Stuff that.. i just want a quick bolt up and forget..

Yeah, there is no option to choose stiffness, they have a set primary and secondary bushing both set already.... And the Powerflex upper inserts don't require any drilling for our North American cars, so maybe your were looking at a different brand?

OP
METZGER
Thread Starter #17
Yeah, there is no option to choose stiffness, they have a set primary and secondary bushing both set already.... And the Powerflex upper inserts don't require any drilling for our North American cars, so maybe your were looking at a different brand?
True that's okay then I was worried I got one that was too soft and would hate to have to sent it back for a swap..

Yea I'm getting those Powerflex upper inserts next, they fit our model here in Australia too.

Nah that's the Powerflex rear motor mount inserts.. Small and big sold separately and you have to remove the rubber from your stock motor mount and fit the Powerflex ones..

That's a photo of mine fitted today.. did it in my lunch break at work haha

OP
METZGER
Thread Starter #18
Can speak from personal experience: My Torque Solutions broke on me with just one night of drag racing, made about 8 passes, and now have the Cobb. The Cobb has a softer initial bushing than the TS , so it has VERY little vibes, but has a stiffer secondary than the TS, so feels more planted. Caveat: I also have Powerflex Street level upper engine mount inserts as well, which definitely offsets the complaint that the Cobb is too soft on their primary bushing. With the street inserts and the Cobb there is very minimal vibes and very planted feeling and the upper inserts help with torque steer and wheel hop as well over just an RMM. I'm actually shocked at what an amazing combo I stumbled on!
Awesome that sounds good because I'm getting those exact inserts next, only crap part is I gotta loose more coolant again to install the pineapple one as you have to remove the expansion tank to fit it.

How does that rubber O ring hold up?

Lucky I didn't buy the TS one then lol.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Awesome that sounds good because I'm getting those exact inserts next, only crap part is I gotta loose more coolant again to install the pineapple one as you have to remove the expansion tank to fit it.

How does that rubber O ring hold up?

Lucky I didn't buy the TS one then lol.

Shouldn't you have soft rubber hoses coming off your coolant tank so that you can simply pop it up and set it aside? Early FiST's here in the states were recalled because the hard plastic lines can get brittle and break causing a low coolant/overheating condition that also didn't have a proper sensor to warn us and could cause a fire (hence the actual recall part for safety here). The recall includes converting to flexible rubber lines, adding a proper overheating sensor and a new lower temp 82c thermostat, this was on '14 to early '15 ones here.

As far as the passenger side insert, the stock O ring is crappy; thin and weak, and the bolt for it often breaks, so I did the upgraded bolt at the same time I added my pineapple slice.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
True that's okay then I was worried I got one that was too soft and would hate to have to sent it back for a swap..

Yea I'm getting those Powerflex upper inserts next, they fit our model here in Australia too.

Nah that's the Powerflex rear motor mount inserts.. Small and big sold separately and you have to remove the rubber from your stock motor mount and fit the Powerflex ones..

That's a photo of mine fitted today.. did it in my lunch break at work haha
Nice! I considered those kits, I was looking at the ones were you simply add poly inserts to fill the voids on the stock RMM, looks like you have a nice proper setup now!