Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear Koni Shocks: Install

I don't remember about #1, but you're right about #2. Tighten up the bottom nut and use the second nut to make sure that the main nut doesn't back off.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I'm installing Koni rears today and, darn, I wish the photo for step 7 in the original post was still there!

1. Does the stock, plastic dust cap get re-used? Doesn't seem like it fits, so I assume the flat plastic washer that's supplied with the strut is all that is necessary. Correct?
2. The stock setup only includes a single nut to secure the strut to the top mount. The Koni kit has two (identical) nuts. Do you just mount these on top of the other, the top one locking the bottom in place?

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Ok, so I guess the above was correct. I was hesitant to bolt it up before getting confirmation, but went for it anyway and all seems good. Great mod and I learned a lot about the suspension during the process.

I'm installing Koni rears today and, darn, I wish the photo for step 7 in the original post was still there!

1. Does the stock, plastic dust cap get re-used? Doesn't seem like it fits, so I assume the flat plastic washer that's supplied with the strut is all that is necessary. Correct?
2. The stock setup only includes a single nut to secure the strut to the top mount. The Koni kit has two (identical) nuts. Do you just mount these on top of the other, the top one locking the bottom in place?

THANKS IN ADVANCE
I changed my rears today but I opted for the orange Koni STR.T. I must say OMG it transformed the ride, it’s so good now especially on the highway. No crashing and it doesn’t do the weird tram tracking @ highway speeds. I decided to go with the orange thanks to this thread. I don’t track much and by the sounds of it it’s a bit of a PITA to adjust since the yellow has to be removed.
504 miles on the odometer and I installed these and I will never look back. If it affected handling inside can’t tell, if anything I now feel more what the rear end wants to do. Kept the oem springs and front struts.

I reused the dust shield and the only thing the damper came with was a bigger 13mm but for the top hat. Super easy install under an hour. No sagging in rear it’s perfect.
For the second question I just reused the hardware that I took off and torqued it down per factory spec 25nm top two and 115nm lower.

Attachments

I changed my rears today but I opted for the orange Koni STR.T. I must say OMG it transformed the ride, it’s so good now especially on the highway. No crashing and it doesn’t do the weird tram tracking @ highway speeds. I decided to go with the orange thanks to this thread. I don’t track much and by the sounds of it it’s a bit of a PITA to adjust since the yellow has to be removed.
504 miles on the odometer and I installed these and I will never look back. If it affected handling inside can’t tell, if anything I now feel more what the rear end wants to do. Kept the oem springs and front struts.

I reused the dust shield and the only thing the damper came with was a bigger 13mm but for the top hat. Super easy install under an hour. No sagging in rear it’s perfect.
For the second question I just reused the hardware that I took off and torqued it down per factory spec 25nm top two and 115nm lower.
This is exactly what I’m looking for. Thanks for the feed back on the str.t shocks. Are you planning on lowering your car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is exactly what I’m looking for. Thanks for the feed back on the str.t shocks. Are you planning on lowering your car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Although I like the aesthetics and have always lowered everything sporty I had, it’s always ruined the ride due to the springs never matching up to the shocks. It’s my all year round/winter DD so I’m most likely staying oem ride heigh, I think maybe some spacers would look awesome and make it flush.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

Where did you get the orange Koni's from? [wrenchin]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Autozone is their parent company I do believe...I work for Vatozone PT.....maybe I can get a discount!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Autoanything doesnt sell the revised fronts though which where just released this year only the rears. Buy from Whoosh, get Koni Orange on all 4 corners for $299 plus $25 shipping! Support those who support us!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk