Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear not level after H&R sport install, options?

I installed a set of H&R sport springs 2-1/2 weeks ago and immediately noticed my passenger rear corner was 1/4" higher than the driver side. I re-installed them a few days later and made sure they were seated in the perches correctly, also measured the distance from the frame rail to the bottom of the perches and they are identical each side however the car does not sit level!?!? What gives?

Are these cars lopsided from the factory? I didn't notice this difference on stock springs.
Is there an adjustment or trick to get that passenger side down a smidge?
Should I get new rear springs and or rear coil-overs?

HELP! - MY O.C.D. IS GOING CRAAAAZZZZZY OVER THIS!

Get a fat friend!

On a serious note, did you replace the shocks as well? I haven't heard of others wrestling with this, but I'm not sure if I would notice a .25" difference without serious scrutiny.

I have these springs as well but also replaced shocks at the same time and everything is level. Did you use new spring pads?

OP
The.Golf.Father
Thread Starter #4
I have these springs as well but also replaced shocks at the same time and everything is level. Did you use new spring pads?
I did not use new spring pads, re-used the stock bottom plastic pieces and the top yellow foam like piece. I am on stock shocks but shocks would have nothing to do with ride height.
And it's one of those things that most people will not notice but when you see it it becomes noticeable and I am fairly particular with this kind of stuff.
I even contacted Ron @ Whoosh where I purchased them from and he said I need to make sure they are seated but they definitely are; I have gotten under the car multiple times to adjust and verify all is in correctly.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I installed a set of H&R sport springs 2-1/2 weeks ago and immediately noticed my passenger rear corner was 1/4" higher than the driver side. I re-installed them a few days later and made sure they were seated in the perches correctly, also measured the distance from the frame rail to the bottom of the perches and they are identical each side however the car does not sit level!?!? What gives?
Did you try changing the springs from side to side?

OP
The.Golf.Father
Thread Starter #6
Did you try changing the springs from side to side?
Yes, and still passenger side is higher.
It's like my car isn't square. I measured the distance between perches top and bottom and both corners are identical.
I've read that the rear passenger corner is the lightest by a lot on a scale. Seriously almost considering relocating the battery to the trunk!!!

I just installed Eibach pro kit along with Bilstein B8's on my 2019 and I have the same issue. 1/4" higher on the passenger side rear. In fact, my car seems to sit higher in the rear than any other car I've seen with these springs. It lowered the rear for sure, but not as much as I expected.
I've adjusted it 3 times with no effect.

Ive been searching for weeks and the only thing I could find was something about 2016+ cars having slightly different rear suspension. Not sure if that has any effect on the issue, but it was mentioned in another thread about lowering springs.

I've kinda given up and learned to deal with it, but if you find a solution I'd love to hear it

OP
The.Golf.Father
Thread Starter #8
I just installed Eibach pro kit along with Bilstein B8's on my 2019 and I have the same issue. 1/4" higher on the passenger side rear. In fact, my car seems to sit higher in the rear than any other car I've seen with these springs. It lowered the rear for sure, but not as much as I expected.
I've adjusted it 3 times with no effect.

Ive been searching for weeks and the only thing I could find was something about 2016+ cars having slightly different rear suspension. Not sure if that has any effect on the issue, but it was mentioned in another thread about lowering springs.

I've kinda given up and learned to deal with it, but if you find a solution I'd love to hear it
Maybe there is a way to purchase just rear springs that have the adjustable platforms that sit on top? Like half of a coilover kit?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
That rear spring probably hasnt settled. Might just need a drive with heavy stuff in the hatch to settle it.
Or an upper isolator on one side has collapsed.