Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear visibility very bad

@Sam4 mentioned he did the wing riser mod and it helped with open up the rear view to his liking. I haven't done the mod, myself so cannot comment. I too always keep my rear head rests folded down and don't have too much trouble, but I am 5' 10" as opposed to 6' 5".

The ball and socket joints on both ends of the mirror arm limit adjustment quite a bit. The taller you are the more the mirror must be tilted "up" so you can see out the rear of the car - which binds the lower ball and socket joint on the arm, forcing you to raise the arm... This raises the mirror up so high it is just a handy rear hatch inspection tool.

Perfect world would be where you can have the mirror arm lower (more vertical), but have enough articulation in the lower ball and socket that a tall person could tilt it up enough for the mirror to be of some use.

Anyone know how to release the whole assembly from the windshield? I'm curious what hackey could be done to make it more tall person friendly.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I have a clip on Broadway mirror, helps big time. I also ran without rear headrests for a couple years but now that I sold my other car this one does kid duty now, so headrests are back in.
This.

You'll find that your visibility will improve DRAMATICALLY with a Broadway.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Hers a pic of my Broadway (red lettering now removed).

You can see out the rear window and out of the passenger rear at the same time.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Keep side mirrors clean and adjust accordingly. When I’m backing up I adjust them down until I can see the parking lines etc. 👁👁

I'm 5'7" and the lack of viewing room is something i still notice even though my seat is as low as possible. I just feel the stock mirror is too thin.

Mikey456

I like to have my seat level, where I can rest my arms on the window sill. I also took my head rests out so I can see better out back. I noticed u could possibly see more out the back if u take out the rear wiper and replace the hole with a plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zormecteon

To help with visibility using the mirror thru the back window......

Be sure to fold down the head rests on the back seats.
Adjust the mirror to only look out the top half of the window.
If you adjust the mirror so the bottom of the mirror lines up with the bottom of the window instead of half way up you can't see as far down the road behind you as if you only try to use half the window. ..

Visibility is still horrendous, but can be improved. ..

Also, If you adjust the side mirrors so the you can see the side of your car, you have huge blind spots. The proper thing is to have them set wider so that as a car passing on the left is no longer visible in the rear mirror it appears in the side mirror and as it disappears from the side mirror it appears in your side window. Same for the passenger side mirror, but it's a little easier because its convex. Properly set up there is NO BLIND SPOT, even without using the "blind spot mirrors" build into the side mirrors.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is why they have the little spot mirrors on each side of the car in the actual mirror themselves. I have never had in issue with blind spots...you want a blind spot go drive a mustang Camaro or Challenger...now those have blind spots you can drive a semi through

PunkST

2000 Post Club
^ the challenger feels like piloting a star destroyer.

Coming from my zx3 the rear visibility in the ST sucks. But you get used to it. I wonder if the 3 door even has this issue. Im also thinking of making some 1/4 or 3/8 spacers for the front of the drivers seat rails. I had a fixed back in my zx3 and i miss. The feeling a bit. Lol