Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rebuilding my transmission

Hey guys new here. Recently my reverse synchro gave out and I’ve been having trouble finding parts. Called a couple ford dealerships around my area to find out that they are back ordered. Also someone told me 5&6 gear synchro works for the reverse gear, but that doesn’t seem right to me. If anyone know where I can buy the synchro set for my reverse idler gear And reverse bearing. Or if the 5&6 gear synchro would work. (2015 fiesta st 1.6l turbo. 6 speed transmission)

Attachments

I believe Ron at Whoosh sells some synchros (non OEM) but he may have some insight for ya, or the guys at clarke transmission that do Fiesta ST transmission work might be willing to answer questions as well (who knows if they actually will).

Now would be a good time to upgrade to some carbon synchros. Whoosh sells them or you can get a fully assembled transmission from Clark transmission with carbon synchros.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Reverse gears on a manual are dog not synchromesh, as far as I recall.

And yea, you might as well go with aftermarket parts while you have it open. Assuming it's in the budget.

its_stock

U.S. Air Force Veteran
FYI I tried to source parts from Clark Transmission while I had mine apart. They had little interest in that revenue stream, and insisted if I wanted there parts I would have to ship my trans and pay the $2,200 for a full rework.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
FYI I tried to source parts from Clark Transmission while I had mine apart. They had little interest in that revenue stream, and insisted if I wanted there parts I would have to ship my trans and pay the $2,200 for a full rework.
Well i'm afraid to say it..But in the Performance game..You have to pay to play. I thought about doing what you're doing. Decided against it and had Colby Build me a Full on WPC coated unit with A wavetrac. Best 4k i spent for my Trans other than Running ravenol MTF2 or BG syncro shift 2. Colby is worth every penny! He goes through Hell and high water to source parts when Fomoco goes on back order. If he sold his parts he wouldn't have parts to build his Stuff.

Last edited:
Well i'm afraid to say it..But in the Performance game..You have to pay to play. I thought about doing what you're doing. Decided against it and had Colby Build me a Full on WPC coated unit with A wavetrac. Best 4k i spent for my Trans other than Running ravenol MTF2 or BG syncro shift 2. Colby is worth every penny! He goes through Hell and high water to source parts when Fomoco goes on back order. If he sold his parts he wouldn't have parts to build his Stuff.
yeah i always wanted to do a complete teardown and rebuild of a tranny and thought i just needed a hydraulic press plus the will and time. but the further down this rabbit hole i go the more i realize it's going to be really hard to source a lot of the smaller parts and that there's a reason not even pumaspeed fully rebuilds the tranny.

Hey guys new here. Recently my reverse synchro gave out and I’ve been having trouble finding parts. Called a couple ford dealerships around my area to find out that they are back ordered. Also someone told me 5&6 gear synchro works for the reverse gear, but that doesn’t seem right to me. If anyone know where I can buy the synchro set for my reverse idler gear And reverse bearing. Or if the 5&6 gear synchro would work. (2015 fiesta st 1.6l turbo. 6 speed transmission)
from what little i've been able to read up on this, you might have luck with the synchros (especially if you go aftermarket) but the bearings are really hard to source

from what little i've been able to read up on this, you might have luck with the synchros (especially if you go aftermarket) but the bearings are really hard to source
You can order every bearing you need through this site:
https://www.123bearing.com/
That’s what I did on my 4th rebuild and saved a significant amount of money in the process.