Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Recaro Installation

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Hi there! I'm talking with a guy about buying the grey leather Recaros to replace my OEM clothes seats. Are there any threads on here explaining how to change out the OEM seats to Recaros? Also, would seats from a 2015 fit in my 18 without complication? How about wiring up the heated seats or airbag sensors? Thank you.

Spork1569

The seats should bolt in fine but the harness will probably be different for the 15 model than it is for the 2018, so you may have to swap the harness in order to plug them in.

As for the heated seats I think there's a thread pretty much dedicated to it, but the wiring for our cars doesn't have everything needed for the heated seats so install may be a bit more involved.

The seats bolt in easy. Wiring up the heated seats however is a different story. You can do a direct power type thing to your own switches, tapped at the fuse block. But it won't look OEM.

The OEM install involves an entire harness set up, pinning into the main harness of the car under the glovebox. It's easier if you have the parts and the harness. I dont think the guy who made the harnesses is doing them anymore. He did a run of 10 and that was that. They are sold out last I looked

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
The seats should bolt in fine but the harness will probably be different for the 15 model than it is for the 2018, so you may have to swap the harness in order to plug them in.

As for the heated seats I think there's a thread pretty much dedicated to it, but the wiring for our cars doesn't have everything needed for the heated seats so install may be a bit more involved.
You have the link for that thread? Thanks.

Spork1569

The seats bolt in easy. Wiring up the heated seats however is a different story. You can do a direct power type thing to your own switches, tapped at the fuse block. But it won't look OEM.

The OEM install involves an entire harness set up, pinning into the main harness of the car under the glovebox. It's easier if you have the parts and the harness. I dont think the guy who made the harnesses is doing them anymore. He did a run of 10 and that was that. They are sold out last I looked
If I remember correctly @Krug was working on a harness, could try messaging him to see if anything came of it.

I just did this 2 weeks ago. You just need to swap your 2017-2018 harness on to the older seats so it will connect with the plug on the body. I’m in SoCal so I’m not trying to get heat wired up. There’s nothing to worry about with the airbag sensors, that’s why you want seats out of a fiesta.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
I'm probably not gonna bother with the heat. I live in South Florida it's cold like 2 days a year lol. So just to confirm, to fit 2015 Recaros into my 2018 I just have to swap over the seats. The floor rails, brackets, and everything else should be the same? Thank you all for your help.

Spork1569

I'm probably not gonna bother with the heat. I live in South Florida it's cold like 2 days a year lol. So just to confirm, to fit 2015 Recaros into my 2018 I just have to swap over the seats. The floor rails, brackets, and everything else should be the same? Thank you all for your help.
The harness that plugs in would need to be swapped. Unless you want your airbag light on all the time since they wouldn't be powered.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
The harness that plugs in would need to be swapped. Unless you want your airbag light on all the time since they wouldn't be powered.
And is that the same harness that Krug made or is that for the heated seats? Or can I just buy them from Ford or something?

Spork1569

And is that the same harness that Krug made or is that for the heated seats? Or can I just buy them from Ford or something?
No they're a harness your base seats have attached, it plugs in right underneath the seats.

From what it sounds like they changed them for newer models so you would have to transfer the whole thing onto the seat of the 2015(take them off the 2018 base seats) Recaro since they won't match up when you go to plug them in.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
No they're a harness your base seats have attached, it plugs in right underneath the seats.

From what it sounds like they changed them for newer models so you would have to transfer the whole thing onto the seat of the 2015(take them off the 2018 base seats) Recaro since they won't match up when you go to plug them in.
I understand. So I just unplug the one in my current seats and put it in the Recaros. Sorry for asking all the questions. My dad wanted some clarification before we buy them (if it actually happens). Thank you very much.

Spork1569

I understand. So I just unplug the one in my current seats and put it in the Recaros. Sorry for asking all the questions. My dad wanted some clarification before we buy them (if it actually happens). Thank you very much.
No worries, better to be safe than sorry especially with such a big purchase.

I'm not too sure if the harnesses from the seats detach but wiring up the harness from your 2018 to the Recaro shouldn't be too difficult if need be.

Exactly. I was confused by all this too until I did it. Pull the harness off your base cloth seat and hook it up to the Recaro. You will have 5 of the 6 connections, or was it 4 of 5. Anyways the one you don’t have on your base harness is the heat. So on your Recaro you’ll have on empty connection when you’re done. This is kind of obvious but do the harness swap outside of the car.

I believe it was said in another post but be sure you are swapping passenger to passenger and drive to driver. Passenger has the occupancy sensor which the driver does not.

The only “special” tool you need is a t50 Torx bit which is not one most people keep around