Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Recaro Seat - Unusual Wear - Damage- 605miles

Has anyone else seen damage like this on their Recaro seats? Its like the leather just cracked and starting peeling from the backing material. This is the passenger side as well and I have had passengers riding with me for two small trips around town. Odometer this morning is at 605 miles. I would hope this is covered under warranty, it is definitely not normal wear and tear.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/w5jhjZaTwxuRPU9T9

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Depends on who sat In the front? It looks like a pocket knife or someone who had a tool in their pocket. and got in and out.[unbelieveable] is that Your seat or the passenger seat. It looks like the outboard bolster on the passenger side.i also know that ordering Recaros in a PIA! It could've happened in a test drive with another customer and passenger but the dealership should've caught it before vehicle delivery to you also...if they are a good dealer!

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
Depends on who sat In the front? It looks like a pocket knife or someone who had a tool in their pocket. and got in and out.[unbelieveable] is that Your seat or the passenger seat. It looks like the outboard bolster on the passenger side.i also know that ordering Recaros in a PIA! It could've happened in a test drive with another customer and passenger but the dealership should've caught it before vehicle delivery to you also...if they are a good dealer!
It had to have happened previously from other test drives and I must have missed it while looking over the car. It is the passenger side exterior bolster. So far the dealer has been great to work with, they had me send over a bunch of pictures and will submit them to ford for warranty. Unfortunately they are somewhat of a drive for me, I had to travel to find the ST with the options I wanted.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It had to have happened previously from other test drives and I must have missed it while looking over the car. It is the passenger side exterior bolster. So far the dealer has been great to work with, they had me send over a bunch of pictures and will submit them to ford for warranty. Unfortunately they are somewhat of a drive for me, I had to travel to find the ST with the options I wanted.
Well let us all know how it goes! This will say a lot about the dealer and their customer service skills and if they care to have good customer retention. Just don't wait too long to bring it in! You've got till 3yrs or 36k...whatever comes first! best of luck! [rockon]

OP
S
Thread Starter #5
Well I got this taken care of....out of pocket. $900+ for the back seat cover. Yes, just the cover for the back of the Recaro's. The Ford dealership installed it and did a less then satisfactory job. I ended up taking it to a high end upholstery shop to get it straightened out and correct.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Well let us all know how it goes! This will say a lot about the dealer and their customer service skills and if they care to have good customer retention. Just don't wait too long to bring it in! You've got till 3yrs or 36k...whatever comes first! best of luck! [rockon]
Ya my car came with scratch etched passenger window glass Ford kicked it back as damage and my dealer stepped in and took care of it. They obviously want me to buy the 17 Black RS they have for 37k.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Well I got this taken care of....out of pocket. $900+ for the back seat cover. Yes, just the cover for the back of the Recaro's. The Ford dealership installed it and did a less then satisfactory job. I ended up taking it to a high end upholstery shop to get it straightened out and correct.
Yeah that's obviously damage, not wear. That's one of the reasons I'm not too keen on leather seats. They don't wear well and are extra vulnerable to damage from scratches. Scratches eventually turn into full-on splits. Happened with the leather motorcycle seat. My brother's leather seats are all cracked-up now.