Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Recaro swap?

I'll be picking up a used FiST here pretty soon and theres definitely some good deals on non-recaro cars. I found some recaros for sale but the seller has removed the airbags for 'liability' reasons. Claiming the airbags did not deploy but it makes me suspicious. If I bought these seats, can I swap in my airbags from stock seats?

Original J-Pat

carpart.com has used seats from junked cars someone has a thread they swapped full leather recaros from a focus st into his fist

OP
S
Thread Starter #4
Doesn't it DESTROY the seat sides (beyond repair or 'patching') if they ever deployed??
Hmm you're right, didn't think of that. I'm not sure what the seller means when he says' professionally removed'.. My guess is accident and they won't admit it.

OP
S
Thread Starter #5
carpart.com has used seats from junked cars someone has a thread they swapped full leather recaros from a focus st into his fist
I would absolutely swap in focus recaros but I want to keep airbags. No one has been successful in getting the airbags wired up to focus recaros.

Ford Community Posts