Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Redline MTL

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Red Line "recommends" it for Ford spec WSS-M2C200-D2 (FiST's) but I cannot find where they say it meets Ford specs. Will see if I get response from email as I want to change my fluid soon.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Got a super quick email response from Red Line listed below.

"Thank you for contacting Red Line Oil, the MT-LV is a 70W/75W GL-4 gear oil matching the viscosity and protection level specs of the original fluid. The MT-LV as with most of our products are not specifically submitted to the OEM for approval."

They were quick and semi honest. Ford does not test products for meeting specs. It is up to makers to certify compliance to the published specs. Ford is not a testing center for competing companies. Without test data they cannot legally say it DOES meet the specs but are free to state their "opinion" that it offers "matching protection" in ad copy or Email, but illegal to put opinions of meeting specs on labels. I like to see "meets or exceeds" on things for my Fifi even though I'm pretty sure Red Line makes or buys good products and it is indeed an alternative I'm a numbers guy and they don't have the numbers I want to see.

Red Line "recommends" it for Ford spec WSS-M2C200-D2 (FiST's) but I cannot find where they say it meets Ford specs. Will see if I get response from email as I want to change my fluid soon.
Ehhhh. Many times "meeting" the specs is more about red tape than whether the fluid actually is good or bad for a particular application Redline is badass; if they recommend it, it far exceeds what Ford would use, IMO

EDIT: I see you got an official recommendation similar to my point and posted it like 4.3 seconds before me :)

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Ehhhh. Many times "meeting" the specs is more about red tape than whether the fluid actually is good or bad for a particular application Redline is badass; if they recommend it, it far exceeds what Ford would use, IMO

EDIT: I see you got an official recommendation similar to my point and posted it like 4.3 seconds before me :)

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #8
How much did you use? What weight did you use? How is it holding up so far?
2 quarts and it's been a few thousand miles. The fluid along with the short shift kit and solid bushings makes shifting super smooth and precise.

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #10
Fudge. I have to quit messing around and do my bushings all around. ๐Ÿ˜…
I did all that when I had the powertrain and interior out. It was super easy. Now I'm wishing I put a LSD and upgraded clutch and big turbo while I had it all out.

I did all that when I had the powertrain and interior out. It was super easy. Now I'm wishing I put a LSD and upgraded clutch and big turbo while I had it all out.
Damn. Really? I'm going to buy a press machine to do them all around. LSD is definitely in future plans, just not yet, doing research.

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #12
Fudge. I have to quit messing around and do my bushings all around. ๐Ÿ˜…
I also did the rear motor mount and installed urethane inserts into the other two. I also upgraded the bolt on one of them. I can't remember. It does have some vibration at certain rpms but it's ok for now.