Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Regular Fiesta b14s

HBEcoBeaST

Getting installed today. Was going to do it myself but an unplanned visit to the tire shop convinced me otherwise.

Going to run them at their highest setting with 205/50r16 Indy's. I get 3 years unlimited alignment so height adjustment shouldn't be an issue.

Cratered roads, bigger tires, steep driveways and my 2pt brace make going low a bit challenging.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #4
Another update. 300 miles in. These are a nice upgrade. Highway ride is much improved. I feel the suspension having more of a cushion on hard bumps without upsetting your line or feeling soft. Still stiff and responsive without being bouncy [emoji1303]

Body movement is also greatly reduced. I didn't realize how much the car previously would rock back and forth during hard braking, accelerating or shifting. After installing these, the car stays flat. Maybe it's because I'm a little lower, but I feel more 'locked in'.

Cold starts I have a little bit of steering groan at Max lock from a stop. Nothing I'd consider abnormal. Just a new noise. I'll keep an eye on it.

I may have rubbed once trying to make a light and going over a big dip at speed. No marks on the tire sidewall or tread [emoji2376]

Overall super stoked I went this route. For my purposes, suspension build is complete. I'll probably stick with this tire/size/wheel combo for the life of the car as well. Combined with my bracing, the car handles and feels on point[emoji1419][emoji267][emoji56]

Doesn't look too bad either....

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #6
I just ordered some of the regular Fiesta B14s for the same reasons. When you ordered the front strut bearings did you order them for the base Fiesta or Fiesta ST? https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/part...esta&Year=2016&Submodel=&Filter=(38823;28741) This site has 2 different part numbers so I was curious. Might not make a difference at all but it's something I'd rather order properly.
Purchase the top hats (PN C1BZ3A197D), front strut bearings (PN 8V5Z18198A), and dust boots (PN 8V5Z18A047A) (these act as a spring insulator as well) from the dealer before embarking on the job. You will need two of each. They are affordable, make the assembly of the front suspension a breeze without needing a spring compressor, and they are wear items that should be replaced when upgrading the suspension.

I got all those parts based on stratifieds suggestion. I'm getting a hint of rub at high speed over big dips/bumps but I'm also running bigger tires than oem. nothing a little fender roll or spacer won't fix

Purchase the top hats (PN C1BZ3A197D), front strut bearings (PN 8V5Z18198A), and dust boots (PN 8V5Z18A047A) (these act as a spring insulator as well) from the dealer before embarking on the job. You will need two of each. They are affordable, make the assembly of the front suspension a breeze without needing a spring compressor, and they are wear items that should be replaced when upgrading the suspension.

I got all those parts based on stratifieds suggestion. I'm getting a hint of rub at high speed over big dips/bumps but I'm also running bigger tires than oem. nothing a little fender roll or spacer won't fix
Yeah I was looking at that article. The quoted part is for the base ST and neither of you have had issues so I'll go with the part for the base Fiesta. Thanks!

I'll be rocking the same wheel setup but I'm adding camber plates in the front for some negative camber, hoping that helps but I'm not sure where the rubbing is happening

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #8
Yeah I was looking at that article. The quoted part is for the base ST and neither of you have had issues so I'll go with the part for the base Fiesta. Thanks!

I'll be rocking the same wheel setup but I'm adding camber plates in the front for some negative camber, hoping that helps but I'm not sure where the rubbing is happening
my understanding is the st and base fiesta use the same suspension mounting points and attachment hardware, difference is only spring height and different dampers. that's why many coilovers work on the base fiesta and st.

I'm rubbing on the little tab that connects the fender liners and possibly some of the outer most edge of the liner (fronts). it's only happened at extra-curricular speeds combined with bad dips/crappy roads. its funny because oem suspension it happened less often but it was much worse. now it happens more frequently but is much less intense. I'm thinking a fender roll, camber plates or spacers since I want to keep my 205/50r16s

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Its a shame all the coilover options are so darned pricey. šŸ™ƒ its back to stock suspension for me, lol. ( these eibachs are sagging)

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thats a ways out of my budget unless i end up with 3 months worth of 50 hour weeks. Homeownership is a drag.

OP
HBEcoBeaST

HBEcoBeaST

Thread Starter #14
I would say these are pretty cheap for quality coilovers. I know there's better, but I'm realistic on my actual needs and abilities. The ride is excellent and they almost feel softer while greatly reducing body movement. It's almost uncanny. Steering remains responsive and confident. Grip is improved.

Update: I'm getting a little rub on the front looks like the fender liner or the tab that connects the liners. It's raining and hard to see properly. Only happens at high speed going over dips. I've rubbed before with the OEM set up and these rubs are a lot quieter and less intense. Usually only happens when I'm going beyond the speed limit and the road is garbage. Still annoying and I'm going to trim the liner before I try fender rolling or camber plates. It's been a week and I'll say the front looks a tad lower.