Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Reiger Suspension

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, factory stock ride height with the spring rate of the Swifts would be perfect paired with the B6es. [thumb]

But of course we are not allowed to have that, due to everyone demanding to slam these cars to the ground, rendering them completely useless for rough road use and working on rallies. [mad] [:(]

It makes sense that EDSL uses the Castrol stuff, since they are a primary sponsor of M-Sport Ford World Rally Team. [driving]

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yes, they’re the R2/R2T tarmac version. I’ll need to make sure that I get the base fiesta’s knuckle then before getting them fitted with the garage.
The cost would have been the equivalent of $5500 so certainly not cheap! Although they have been fully serviced before being posted and are in excellent condition. Some would say a bit overkill for fast road use, but should make the car handle perfectly on broken/uneven tarmac like we have here in Wales!
My favourite piece of road is between Aberystwyth and Ponterwyd. Great during the day but even better at night when you can see if there are cars coming the other way. If none, those bends can be straightened out. Loads of fun!

OP
Rhys1983
Thread Starter #24
Y
Yes, factory stock ride height with the spring rate of the Swifts would be perfect paired with the B6es. [thumb]

But of course we are not allowed to have that, due to everyone demanding to slam these cars to the ground, rendering them completely useless for rough road use and working on rallies. [mad] [:(]

It makes sense that EDSL uses the Castrol stuff, since they are a primary sponsor of M-Sport Ford World Rally Team. [driving]
It’s not just with fiestas as well. Every performance car have many suspensions and spring options available but they all seem to focus on lowering cars which is fine on a perfectly smooth track, but not on rough roads.
If only manufacturers brought out good suspension that improves things at standard height with the option of lowering the car 10mm or so if you wanted.

OP
Rhys1983
Thread Starter #25
My favourite piece of road is between Aberystwyth and Ponterwyd. Great during the day but even better at night when you can see if there are cars coming the other way. If none, those bends can be straightened out. Loads of fun!
That’s a great road to drive on! We have some fantastic roads around Mid Wales to drive on with the mountain roads up towards the Elan Valley as well.
Salt gritters have been out recently but as soon as the grit goes and it dries up a bit I’ll be taking the car out for a long drive on some of the roads around there.

thx for the update, 25k is ok, i think it is most important that the inverted front dampers are greased properly.

200lbs spring rate is far softer than i thought i wonder what they use on rough gravel for the r2t....i know cars that drive up to 8x the stock spring rate on smooth asphalt. Would be interesting to see the damper curve!

You now have a car that is very close to a stage rally car, throw a full cage in it and I am sure there is a rally class for it. Here in Austria we have one called M1 for example where yours would be perfect (stock engine but full safety gear and FIA cage with LSD and suspension allowed)

OP
Rhys1983
Thread Starter #28
thx for the update, 25k is ok, i think it is most important that the inverted front dampers are greased properly.

200lbs spring rate is far softer than i thought i wonder what they use on rough gravel for the r2t....i know cars that drive up to 8x the stock spring rate on smooth asphalt. Would be interesting to see the damper curve!

You now have a car that is very close to a stage rally car, throw a full cage in it and I am sure there is a rally class for it. Here in Austria we have one called M1 for example where yours would be perfect (stock engine but full safety gear and FIA cage with LSD and suspension allowed)
Yes, the spring rate isn’t much stiffer than standard. EDSL motorsport said they are 40 Nm/mm front and 35 Nm/mm rear which I’ve converted to lbs inch. This is the standard set up M-Sport use for their tarmac set up for fiesta R2T cars. I know that EXE TC who make rally suspension for some WRC cars use soft springs and special valving as well. It’s quite a bit firmer than standard Bilstein/Eibach set up that I had but really comes into it’s own when driving faster on an uneven, rough road.
As for greasing the suspension, would you recommend getting this done 1-2 a year just by spraying/brushing grease near the seals without removing the suspension?

honestly I dont know if it makes sense to spray it from the outside, usually the monotube damper inverted part is taken out of the "damper shell case" and grease is applied between this case and the inverted damper itself to reduce friction. There are videos for this on youtube, also how to check gas pressure, but i think you need to get them out of the car to do so.

Getting them out of the car is not too difficult, it usually is not more than 2 bolts on the knuckle and 3 on the top of the strut towers, maybe 1 or 2 for the brake lines. Never had any problems, only make sure you know the tightening torque for the bolts and you should be fine

Yeah, on my budget, that very last option seems like my only choice right now.

Just hoping that setup does not even lower the car the 1.0" that Swift claims it does.[wink] [thumb]

Do you remember the actual weight and brand of the gear oil that EDSL uses in their R2T/Rally 4 cars? Something from Miller maybe??
I have the last option and am more then happy with it for the price point.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have the last option and am more then happy with it for the price point.
Yes, that is looking like the only viable choice for me now, and IF it sits way too low for me there are always the front strut top spacers, and some form of weight jacker adjusters (or just the thickest upper spring cushioning bushings I can find?) in the back. [wink]

Is your installed setup one of the ones which did not lower the car from factory static ride height much, if at all? [dunno]

Everyone's individual results seem to be all over the place. [:(]

Yes, that is looking like the only viable choice for me now, and IF it sits way too low for me there are always the front strut top spacers, and some form of weight jacker adjusters (or just the thickest upper spring cushioning bushings I can find?) in the back. [wink]

Is your installed setup one of the ones which did not lower the car from factory static ride height much, if at all? [dunno]

Everyone's individual results seem to be all over the place. [:(]
Mine lowered about 3/4 of an inch if that helps