Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Reliability: AET VT330R v Mountune MRX

I'm mulling the new turbo idea once again, and ive read just enough on the different options to make my head spin. I know that these 2 options behave very differently. I see the AET VT330R as being the best hybrid option, and the Mountune MRX as the big turbo would best fit my needs. The big question is which is most reliable? I know that Garret v hybrid generally wins, but in this case is different than all of the others.
Thanks in advance for the advice.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm mulling the new turbo idea once again, and ive read just enough on the different options to make my head spin. I know that these 2 options behave very differently. I see the AET VT330R as being the best hybrid option, and the Mountune MRX as the big turbo would best fit my needs. The big question is which is most reliable? I know that Garret v hybrid generally wins, but in this case is different than all of the others.
Thanks in advance for the advice.
The MRX is Sordove the GTX2554r due to its anti-surge housing and updated compressor wheel....the AET 330R is also decent option .... Both put out a decent amount of power.There are a couple of members who run either Turbo and I'm sure will chime in.But what about the Pumaspeedx47 or x37 also good options....what's your budget?......Also Just make sure you have to supporting mods if you wanna get the most out of your purchase.....IE...Intercooler.....RMM....Exhaust is a possibility.....high flow panel filter or "cold air " intake....A Down pipe is always helpful also....and of Course a Cobb ap3.....[party]

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
The MRX is Sordove the GTX2554r due to its anti-surge housing and updated compressor wheel....the AET 330R is also decent option .... Both put out a decent amount of power.There are a couple of members who run either Turbo and I'm sure will chime in.But what about the Pumaspeedx47 or x37 also good options....what's your budget?......Also Just make sure you have to supporting mods if you wanna get the most out of your purchase.....IE...Intercooler.....RMM....Exhaust is a possibility.....high flow panel filter or "cold air " intake....A Down pipe is always helpful also....and of Course a Cobb ap3.....[party]
My biggest determining factor will be reliability. I like tge closer to stock spool of the AET, but I want solid reliability. If that's not there then I will go with the MRX since it's Garrett based. I already have all of the supporting mods---just need a turbo.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
My biggest determining factor will be reliability. I like tge closer to stock spool of the AET, but I want solid reliability. If that's not there then I will go with the MRX since it's Garrett based. I already have all of the supporting mods---just need a turbo.
How much power do you want? Do you think you will grow anytime in the future with your Build? If so id just go BT....I was in your shoes at one point....Had a GT2554r from another member....Then a smoking deal came along and I got into a Gen2 Gtx2860r .Sold the GT2554......glad I moved up...spool is definitely NOT STOCK....But I LOVE it! I am happy I went this route and I have room to grow into more power if I desire.....and that desire will be filled in the next couple months. [party] There is nothing like Disposing of BMWs...WRXs and other compacts in the rear view when they try to play also. Then they wonder what just happened?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Virtualronin has the AET VT330R .....if you have any questions just Pm him...he will give you the low down as he was one of the first to install it here in the States as far as I know. Great guy...very knowledgeable! [wrenchin]

OP
C
Thread Starter #6
How much power do you want? Do you think you will grow anytime in the future with your Build? If so id just go BT....I was in your shoes at one point....Had a GT2554r from another member....Then a smoking deal came along and I got into a Gen2 Gtx2860r .Sold the GT2554......glad I moved up...spool is definitely NOT STOCK....But I LOVE it! I am happy I went this route and I have room to grow into more power if I desire.....and that desire will be filled in the next couple months. [party] There is nothing like Disposing of BMWs...WRXs and other compacts in the rear view when they try to play also. Then they wonder what just happened?

I will be content with the power that either one of these will make. If I were to want more I will just get a different car.

OP
C
Thread Starter #7
Is a hybrid turbo something that any turbo shop can rebuild, or does it have to go back to the manufacturer?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I will be content with the power that either one of these will make. If I were to want more I will just get a different car.
Sounds like a plan is set in stone.....Next step is finding a Tuner....There are plenty id suggest Jason@Dizzytuning....Stratifed.....Randy@mountune if you go MRX......Good luck and document your Journey for posterity for others if you remember! [party]

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Yeah from what I've seen and heard the GTX2860 spool is later then stock but thats not necessarily a bad thing because it'll be easier on the drivetrain since the spool is later and not immediate.

haste

1000 Post Club
40k miles on my x37 without a problem so far. Installed it at 33k miles. The power is great for the street and track. I have had quite a few BMW drivers at VIR asking about the car as they could never get around me...