Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Reliable Turbo Upgrade?

aigs1379

Just need some help from people who know more, what is a good turbo upgrade that will add a decent amount of power but can still be a daily.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
It all depends on what you want. I feel my S280 makes a great daily because it does not have the crazy TQ bump a hybrid like the Whoosh gives you. It makes it very drivable down low where in the city you would want. Once you lean into to it though it gets up and goes. This is on a pump gas tune. I had a friend say he felt it drove so stock like on the bottom he would have thought it came from the factory like that.
Now on the hybrids your gonna get more donkey kick down low. It’s really a decision you have to make. Some people feel they can daily the donkey kick others think it makes a daily a bit more of chore. Read read up on the differences and make an informed decision.

anticon

It all depends on what you want. I feel my S280 makes a great daily because it does not have the crazy TQ bump a hybrid like the Whoosh gives you. It makes it very drivable down low where in the city you would want. Once you lean into to it though it gets up and goes. This is on a pump gas tune. I had a friend say he felt it drove so stock like on the bottom he would have thought it came from the factory like that.
Now on the hybrids your gonna get more donkey kick down low. It’s really a decision you have to make. Some people feel they can daily the donkey kick others think it makes a daily a bit more of chore. Read read up on the differences and make an informed decision.
Agreed! I like the donkey kick and went with the Whoosh (it is also a little less expensive) and I will be getting an LSD installed next week to help with traction along with some 200 TW tires. I really like the feel of low speed acceleration especially out of corners and this should fill that role. I'm not really a high speed guy. I'll add that it drives like stock until around 3500 rpm. So you can take it easy too.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
As others have said, you’ll get 20 answers. If you plan to stick with the stock fuel system, go for a whoosh hybrid or s280. Read up on differences and pick what you like the sound of. If you want to add fuel at some point, the Garrett turbos are good but they don’t fit like stock and will take some finagling to make it perfect with the ATP kits, or you’re ponying up nearly 5k on a Peron or WOR EWG kit. No single answer to the question, everything has +/-

Magnetic

Agreed! I like the donkey kick and went with the Whoosh (it is also a little less expensive) and I will be getting an LSD installed next week to help with traction along with some 200 TW tires. I really like the feel of low speed acceleration especially out of corners and this should fill that role. I'm not really a high speed guy. I'll add that it drives like stock until around 3500 rpm. So you can take it easy too.
Same here. I prefer to feel the power all the time and not having to ring out the motor and add additional wear at higher RPMs.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Same here. I prefer to feel the power all the time and not having to ring out the motor and add additional wear at higher RPMs.
Trust me you do not have to twist the motor out to get the power with a S280 plus if you want the donkey kick on the s280 you can get it with a E30 tune. ask me how I know🤣
We are not talking Garrett here.

Literally the main difference is on the S280 with stock fueling your torque band is much like stock til about 2800-3000rpm and then it arcs upward in a long curve . Much longer than a hybrid which pops up hard and arcs over in a kind of upside down U .
I actually feel and dyno charts show the s280 is the one thats got the broader flatter torque curve

. Now when you add ethanol the curve changes some and you get the donkey kick . It’s also pulls insanely. Not say it does not pull insanely on pump gas but ya E30 whole different thing.

Last edited: