Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Remapping and altitude compensation

So what happens if you take a map that was developed at the coast and load it at 5700 ft above sea level? Will the ECU altitude compensator adjust accordingy, or must you adjust the map to compensate.

Same applies if you mapped your car at the coast and drive to altitude. Do you run a risk of running lean because of thinner air?

I know with the MK6 running Uniq+ altitude mapping was a serious issue. With me living in Johannesburg, driving down to the coast, my car becam a total dog because it was mapped for altitude.

Comments please.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Your MAP sensor should be able to adjust to the air density changes. Funny thing is typically turbo cars perform better at high altitudes because of the thinner air. Was your MK6 turboed?

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
I'm at 4500ft, and hopefully moving back to sea level in a few months. I was worried about this as well, don't want to waste money on a tune only to have altitude throw it out of whack

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I'm at 4500ft, and hopefully moving back to sea level in a few months. I was worried about this as well, don't want to waste money on a tune only to have altitude throw it out of whack
Colin, you have the canned Cobb Tune like all of us right?

There's a guy running the cobb stage 1 tune on his ST up in park city Utah with no issues at all. Rallysport Direct also runs a Cobb OTS map on their focus ST.