Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Removing Stuck Wipers

Anyone have any experience removing stuck wiper arms? I'm removing my cowl to get more access for a bunch of jobs, but my wipers are seriously stuck on.
I've had them soaking in PB Blaster for the afternoon, I've tried prying them off w/ a hammer while jiggling em loose, no dice yet.

I might need to go purchase a bearing puller if after soaking it overnight in penetrating fluid it still won't budge... Anyone here been in a similar spot?

OP
ToastAutoX
Thread Starter #2
They came off after fully soaking in penetrating fluid and some more elbow grease. In case anyone finds this thread in the future: lift up the spring part of the arm and use that as leverage to help pry it off. There is no clip or clamp mechanism down there, it's just seated on a tight track. The hammer (with a towel) to pry it off worked as well, just be extra careful of your windshield + hood.

OP
ToastAutoX
Thread Starter #4
I did not, no. This is basically what I had in mind when I mentioned a bearing puller in my original post. I'll probably pick one up to avoid that hassle in the future. Thanks for the tip!