Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Replaced evap lines under hood no change

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Well i finally got around to replacing the evap lines under the hood. Even wrapped them in heat reflecrive tape to hopefully make them last longer, didnt do it super tight so i wouldnt crack the new lines. I was hopeful that it was the solution to my multiple codes

P0442
P0456
P219A

It has not fixed the issue at all. Car still runs and drives the same, still the same mods.
So i need to know where the actual purge valve is. What other parts i need to order, and what other things to inspect. Cleaning the fuel neck and such hasnt changed it either.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2
Bump because im still searching for an answer.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Whats the issue? What intake do you have installed? What lines did you install?

Just read your other thread. Did you install 16+ lines with the whoosh adapter again? Or did you buy the 14-15 lines?

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
I bought 14/15 lines and swapped over. No more adapter as the 14/15 lines are correct for running aftermarket intakes. Plus it has a new valve in it. So that eliminates that as a source i guess. All my parts are cpe. Everything is secure and tight.

My guess is something closer to the tank is goofy. Maybe got hit by an ice chunk and damaged it.

Maybe the rubber line to my hks bov has a leak? Didnt see anything that would make it suspicious. So idk there.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I bought 14/15 lines and swapped over. No more adapter as the 14/15 lines are correct for running aftermarket intakes. Plus it has a new valve in it. So that eliminates that as a source i guess. All my parts are cpe. Everything is secure and tight.

My guess is something closer to the tank is goofy. Maybe got hit by an ice chunk and damaged it.

Maybe the rubber line to my hks bov has a leak? Didnt see anything that would make it suspicious. So idk there.
Check the charcoal canister under the spare tire well. That could have a cracked line.

The puzzling one is the air between throttle body and valve. That can only be something leaking at the manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Ok. Only thing that could make a leak there is my MAP adapter and my line for the BOV. I can double check all my connections for the evap setup under the hood. Im fairly positive its all good though as the stuff was brand new.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
What Map adapter do you have? If its an ATP ...throw that shit away...they are mediocre at most and get a new one. If you don't Carry on!

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Check the connection for the evap line at the manifold. Use carb cleaner or something to see if its leaking. The codes don't make sense. I think the FiST throws the air leak code for other things besides an actual leak.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
I can try that. But wouldnt that mean that either the port on the manifold is junk, the new line is also bad ( both of which i doubt) its firmly attached. And i never messed with that connection till i replaced the line itself.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Yes. Double checked this morning. All the fittings are tight.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So I actually figured this one out over the weekend. You have a Turbosmart BOV? My partner had the SAME code for an air leak between throttle body and intake valve. I took his BOV off to clean it and found out that one of the O rings that goes on the vacuum fitting had disintegrated and the fitting itself was loose. So there was a small vacuum leak.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
I have the turbosmart MAP adapter. So i have a vacuum source for my hks bov. I can check the map adapter o ring and the line if the codes come back. Knock on wood that they dont. It hasnt done it all weekend.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
And they are all back again. Looks like im gonna have to go back to stock or something