Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Replacing Glove Box Bulb!?

Good grief, there must be a way to get to this thing. Can the glove box be removed? Anyone done this?

Help....lol

KKaWing

Squeeze the sides in near the top and it will drop down. You can then pull it out or leave it hanging if you're careful.

OP
F1Fletch
Thread Starter #3
Thank you, I got it done. Just FYI for anyone else doing this, carefully pull out the whole bulb housing in order to get to it. Not really any brighter but looks much nicer ;)

LILIKE16ST

So glad I stumbled upon this thread I was about to make my own about this haha. I installed all my diode dynamics stage 2 interior lights I got in the mail last week....well all but the glove box one I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to get to the light. Thanks so much I will try this after work tomorrow. If you want brighter LED lighting BTW go with diode dynamics stage 2 they are insane bright I love them they made an amazing difference on all the other lights I can't wait to see what it does for the glove box.

I tried feeling my way through and couldn't squeeze anything off as described. It's like trying to find the mythical G spot or something. Can someone take a picture or describe the process in a little more detail? I feel like a small flathead screwdriver might be able to pop off the bulb.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I tried feeling my way through and couldn't squeeze anything off as described. It's like trying to find the mythical G spot or something. Can someone take a picture or describe the process in a little more detail? I feel like a small flathead screwdriver might be able to pop off the bulb.
How I finally got mine off. Pull the holder out. Then I used a trim removal tool (flat one) and pushed at the base of the light between the bulb and the holder. Bulb went flying with great satisfaction. Trying anything else did not work for me.

Finally got mine off too without a tool! There is a switch that is activated when you shut the glovebox (like some older refrigerators). That switch is pointing down. You'll have to push up on that (basically the direction it closes). Also it would help if you reached your other hand in to pull it from the inside. To do that I had to remove the glovebox. To do that: Pinch the two sides inward, so the rubber stops clears. When the face of the glove box is level with the horizon, pull it out towards you and it will unclip.

I recently purchased a 2017 model and as far as I can tell, I don't have a glove box light. Does anyone know if that has been discontented for 2017?

Thanks,

George

I recently purchased a 2017 model and as far as I can tell, I don't have a glove box light. Does anyone know if that has been discontented for 2017?

Thanks,

George
Yes 2017 discontinued the ambient lighting above glovebox and inside glovebox light. there isn't even any wiring there to hook one up from on older model. =(

Yes 2017 discontinued the ambient lighting above glovebox and inside glovebox light. there isn't even any wiring there to hook one up from on older model. =(
I also have a 2017 and for the life of me I can't figure out why these 2 lights were deleted. It is hard to believe that the process of re-thinking this aspect of the car occurred, that senior management was presented with this change and went through the process of approving it, and that the engineers were tasked with designing the changes. Finally, changes were then made to the actual parts, from changing the wiring harness to utilizing the gutted LED light holder above the glove box as a filler piece. And the end result of all this time, money and work by Ford is to eliminate 2 desirable features of our cars. At the very least they should have kept the glove box light. Ford may well have spent way more money making these changes than they are saving by cheapening the car. [V]

jeff

2000 Post Club
I also have a 2017 and for the life of me I can't figure out why these 2 lights were deleted. It is hard to believe that the process of re-thinking this aspect of the car occurred, that senior management was presented with this change and went through the process of approving it, and that the engineers were tasked with designing the changes. Finally, changes were then made to the actual parts, from changing the wiring harness to utilizing the gutted LED light holder above the glove box as a filler piece. And the end result of all this time, money and work by Ford is to eliminate 2 desirable features of our cars. At the very least they should have kept the glove box light. Ford may well have spent way more money making these changes than they are saving by cheapening the car. [V]
Hey but don't you guys get the reverse camera as a standard feature or is that the 2018s? I'd trade my glove box light for a reverse camera any day!

FYI here's a thread I made with pics on how to replace the glove box light and all other interior lights:

DIY interior bulb replacement thread

Hey but don't you guys get the reverse camera as a standard feature or is that the 2018s? I'd trade my glove box light for a reverse camera any day!

FYI here's a thread I made with pics on how to replace the glove box light and all other interior lights:

DIY interior bulb replacement thread
Nope. No back-up camera on 2017 FiSTs in the U.S. Rumor is that they will be on the 2018s, if the rumor that the current generation will be sold again in the U.S. for 2018 proves true.

LILIKE16ST

Man that sucks I love that ambient lighting there but even worse is not having the glove box light I changed all my interior lights and tag lights out for diode dynamics stage 2 ultra bright led lights (including the glove box light) and man what a difference I would really hate to not have that awesome light in there every time I open the glove box. Ford really dropped the ball on this one....

Well I have a MY2021, no light in the glovebox either, but still the old glovebox with the attachement for the unit, already bought a connector with wire online and the unit at the dealership, so if the connector is not prepared on my car either, I gonna fit an OEM myself, just solder the wires to a + and -