Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Replacing *recalled* coolant expansion tank.

I had the coolant sensor recall done just about a year ago now, and I'm looking into replacing the new tank with a metal one.

Are the hoses going to the new style tank (rounded, egg-looking) different enough from the original (squared walls) to be an issue? And if they are, does anyone happen to know where I can get either OEM replacement hoses or silicone hoses to the older style coolant tank?

I'm not looking to move the coolant level sensor over to the metal tank. The Cobb firmware update disabled the sensor, so I'm not going to get a CEL for low coolant anyway.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

OP
Questionable
Thread Starter #2
I'm just going to bump this up again. Has anyone done this?

HBEcoBeaST

Lines and location should be plug and play. The overflow tank design is basically the same

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
Questionable
Thread Starter #4
Lines and location should be plug and play. The overflow tank design is basically the same

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
The lines are not the same for the tank installed with the recall, though. The original tank has three hoses coming out the front (towards the front bumper) and the new tank has only two facing forward.

I need to source the original coolant lines to swap back.

EDIT: I found a video showing the new tank and the hoses attached to it:
View: https://youtu.be/zDIZC2jdhLM

Last edited:
OP
Questionable
Thread Starter #6