Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Reset Check Engine Light

zeroC001

Does anyone know the correct procedure to reset the check engine light? My car threw a code and I've made some corrections to see if the problem still persists, but nothing I've tried has worked. I have a 2019 Fiesta ST, no access port system.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Does anyone know the correct procedure to reset the check engine light? My car threw a code and I've made some corrections to see if the problem still persists, but nothing I've tried has worked. I have a 2019 Fiesta ST, no access port system.
You can do it with a few free apps through your phone but you need an OBDII bluetooth adapter. This adapter also allows you to use ForScan free software too. Other than a code reader I got nothing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Go to Autozone...oreaillys....Napa or Advanced. Ask them to read the code. Then ask them if YOU can clear it yourself as they are not able due to liability issues with Big Bro/ EPA.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The CEL will reset itself if you corrected the cause that set it and you complete a proper drive cycle.
You can also purchase a code reader that will allow you to reset the CEL for under $50.00.
This is a very good tool to have if you plan doing mods to your car.

OP
Z

zeroC001

Thread Starter #6
Went ahead and bought an OBDLink LX. Cleared the code and will monitor for bit. Car threw a P04F0 code originally. So far the car is behaving great and I'm really enjoying the added functionality of the link.Thank you guys again.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Went ahead and bought an OBDLink LX. Cleared the code and will monitor for bit. Car threw a P04F0 code originally. So far the car is behaving great and I'm really enjoying the added functionality of the link.Thank you guys again.
Download ForScan from the web and have fun playing with everything that you can change now. Always save first then modify so if you mess it up you have the original saved file.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk