Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Resonator delete vs catback - which is louder?

I bought a Fiesta ST from a dealer last weekend and I believe it has a resonator delete. The car is louder than stock and has some light burbles when I let off the gas, but the stock exhaust tips and the muffler right behind them. I am considering a Catback system at some point but am curious as to if this will make the car louder, quieter, or equal in volume as members of my household have already commented that they could hear me from down the road. Before buying the car I was considering the MBRP, Cobb, and Flowmaster. My concern is that the MBRP will live up to its reputation of being too loud. I do like the noise level with the car; its not too loud or too quiet. How would these exhausts compare to my current setup?

Brianmc27

MBRP louder than Flowmaster louder than Cobb louder than Res Delete.

Closest to stock sound Cat-back with minor amplification would probably be Cobb or Mountune, FSWerks sounds pretty mild too.

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
MBRP louder than Flowmaster louder than Cobb louder than Res Delete.

Closest to stock sound Cat-back with minor amplification would probably be Cobb or Mountune, FSWerks sounds pretty mild too.
Thanks! Do you know where the injen would fall on this list? Between the flowmaster and MBRP I'm guessing?

Brianmc27

I would say it’s probably right around the Flowmaster. In my estimation it has a smoother tone, the Flowmaster is pretty rumbly.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
My son has removed resonator and resonator and muffler from his car. I found that it sounded "childish" or unrefined I suppose. I have the Thermal R&D system and found it to be both louder and more refined in sound. It also reduces drone compared to removing the resonator. Not exactly what you were asking but it might help.

OP
D
Thread Starter #6
My son has removed resonator and resonator and muffler from his car. I found that it sounded "childish" or unrefined I suppose. I have the Thermal R&D system and found it to be both louder and more refined in sound. It also reduces drone compared to removing the resonator. Not exactly what you were asking but it might help.
Yes, thank you!

TimR430

My FiST had a resonator delete when I bought it. So when it came time to buy a cat back system I was afraid of spending money on something that would not sound that different. I purchased the Mbrp system and it droans so bad and is so loud that I significantly regret the purchase. For a daily driven vehicle on the highway it is very uncomfortable.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
The Mbrp is one of the worst exhaust systems on the market. Obviously you know this but for anyone reading do not buy it. I have a fswerks Cat-Back exhaust quality piece I've installed three of these systems on different cars. It will last the life of the car it's tame you don't even notice it driving down the road.

Not sure how they do it it's a 2.5 inch system no resonator with a straight through muffler but that muffler must be darn good, because it does its job.

Many positive reviews on the website.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk