Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Retrofit Headlight Service (Old Group Buy-No Longer Active)

Trader history for NorthLightingConcepts (2)

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
My Parts showed up....I give you one guess! It has to do with the headlights being damaged ! Imagine that! .....Got more lights coming.....go figure! Looks like Ace Ventura packed it at HDS and played kickball with it!

Last edited:
OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #45
My Parts showed up....I give you one guess! It has to do with the headlights being damaged ! Imagine that! .....Got more lights coming.....go figure! Looks like Ace Ventura packed it at HDS and played kickball with it!

Its been a serious issue. The consensus is that Spyder lights are not suitable to retrofit, the quality is just not there. The DEPO lights are of a better quality and out of the box feel better and look exactly like OEM.
Spyder did not have that feel, is wired differently and does not use as many quality parts.

Hoping froward, aftermarket replicas will be DEPO brand only.

id be interested in this too. curious as to what an estimated price would be with sourcing a new set of headlights. PM me on pricing if you'd prefer.

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #48
Hey guys, I’m going to be working on revamping the thread and the waitlist. Those of you who were interested, I will send a message and create a waitlist in the order expressed.

CSM currently has all parts in stock and we are waiting for Negi and TyhphoonFist headlights to arrive.
So far this project has resulted in 2 half shipments of headlights, why you wouldn’t ship a complete set is beyond me.
1 broken set of headlights and one set of poor quality headlights. 4 trips to the fedex ups store.

Moral of the story; a good deal doesn’t necessarily mean a quality deal.
Next post will be some photos of these headlights baked! excited to get this project going and provide this service for you guys.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey guys, I’m going to be working on revamping the thread and the waitlist. Those of you who were interested, I will send a message and create a waitlist in the order expressed.

CSM currently has all parts in stock and we are waiting for Negi and TyhphoonFist headlights to arrive.
So far this project has resulted in 2 half shipments of headlights, why you wouldn’t ship a complete set is beyond me.
1 broken set of headlights and one set of poor quality headlights. 4 trips to the fedex ups store.

Moral of the story; a good deal doesn’t necessarily mean a quality deal.
Next post will be some photos of these headlights baked! excited to get this project going and provide this service for you guys.
Buy headlights from Carparts.com. they are located in Virginia and take no time in shipping to get to Perfectcreature.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Buy headlights from Carparts.com. they are located in Virginia and take no time in shipping to get to Perfectcreature.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
My first 2 sets were ordered through carpartswholesale and another through Discountbodyparts.com.And both were shipped from Va.And both times they shipped 1 headlight instead of 2.Dont know if car parts.com are the same or not.Bot its been a nightmare as Perfectcreature had to return them.Another set is getting delivered Monday and fingers crossed its not damaged.

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #51
Alright so Spyder headlights are straight garbage for retrofitting. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT waste your time or money on Spyder for a retrofit.
See below.
The bezel is glued to the lens, there is no bulb for the park light / DRL in the side marker spot and is just a cheap LED glued to a bezel.
Prying it open broke several weak seams and resulted in a disaster.
D87AEC2E-4F10-4331-AC09-0986D5F883E0_1_201_a.jpeg
5BC1FEC1-5129-4285-991B-413DE88C649E_1_201_a.jpeg
Meanwhile, this is the DEPO set. It is exactly set up like OEM in every way, from the wiring to the molding of the lens and rear of the headlamp. Look how cleanly that opened up? Huge different for not much more money and well worth it. Those of you following along, take note. DEPO replica or OEM only.

102522FA-66CE-4402-86D5-3CDA86087168.jpeg 354796DD-F7CE-47B7-9F14-0AD7A12BF5BF_1_201_a.jpeg 61E688D4-7BF3-46C0-A569-E781BB554480_1_201_a.jpeg

Stay tuned.

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #54
oooooo me likey
Your will look like this!
Your set I’m fighting on getting a replacement as one of the tabs was broken on the inside. They are being more than difficult.
I can repair it I just don’t want too send it like that if i can get a replacement one in a reasonable time frame.

Remi

Oh man, I'm sad I missed out on this. Looks like a great alternative to the Euro OEM headlights.

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #56
Oh man, I'm sad I missed out on this. Looks like a great alternative to the Euro OEM headlights.
No worries mate, I have a wishlist option.

I have ordered a jig to help me align these without my vehicle present. Some of you may have remembered I have been having issues with it and its been in the shop for the last few months off and on.
Due to this, I have been stressing about how I could continue to make these for the community and not have my car present. The jig should be able to do just that.

I do have a local FiST about 70 miles away who will let me use his car to align these up, but with the jig I am hoping I won't have to and can have them built like the professionals do and would be able to do other vehicles and not just Fiestas. Otherwise I would have to do them in batches and the wait would be even longer as would have to wait until I had enough people to make it worth the trip and the time.

I really have to thank those of you who took the plunge, this process has not been easy and again, has been littered with its fair share of problems and you guys have been so easy to work with.

The jig should be here in a few days and we will see how that does! I am very excited to be making some forward progress on these.

Negi

I have ordered a jig to help me align these without my vehicle present. Some of you may have remembered I have been having issues with it and its been in the shop for the last few months off and on.
Due to this, I have been stressing about how I could continue to make these for the community and not have my car present. The jig should be able to do just that.

I do have a local FiST about 70 miles away who will let me use his car to align these up, but with the jig I am hoping I won't have to and can have them built like the professionals do and would be able to do other vehicles and not just Fiestas. Otherwise I would have to do them in batches and the wait would be even longer as would have to wait until I had enough people to make it worth the trip and the time.

I really have to thank those of you who took the plunge, this process has not been easy and again, has been littered with its fair share of problems and you guys have been so easy to work with.

The jig should be here in a few days and we will see how that does! I am very excited to be making some forward progress on these.
You have been awesome with communication my man.And I have no problem waiting and getting my headlights out when its done.

Remi

Awesome, man. When you get a chance, add me to your waitlist and I'll patiently wait my turn.

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #59
Awesome, man. When you get a chance, add me to your waitlist and I'll patiently wait my turn.
I’m working on a new method that will allow me to provide this service for all vehicles the forum members have and let me do them with the Fiesta in and out of the shop.

OP
NorthLightingConcepts
Thread Starter #60
The jig has shipped! Says Saturday delvivery. Very excited to get it and try it out. Everyone I have been in contact with says that this is the proper way to ensure these last for a long time. I may do this just as a hobby, but to me having my name on something quality means something. I want to be be able delivery the best product to you guys.